We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

...because I'm just not sure how I am EVER going to adequately describe what an amazing, incredible experience this trip was!!

My "travel book thingy" is full of notes and I will be working on my review this week...

The resort was above and beyond what we expected!! Just a few "teaser" things before review:

~ surprise upgrade to ocean front room with private plunge pool (not our doing - agent had simply requested "honeymoon couple - as close to ocean as possible)

~ visits to our patio from server with glasses of champagne, F&B Manager with fruit and cheese, housekeeper and minifridge stocker (to see if we needed anything), all within first 30 minutes of being in the room

~ staff is INCREDIBLE!! There won't be adequate words to describe them. Outstanding service but more importantly, just so nice and genuine and enjoyable to be around and talk with!!

~ food is AMAZING!! Menu boring??? BAH - we had a hard time figuring out where to eat because there was not enough time to try everything that we wanted to try!!!

I'll save the rest for my review, but here are few things (from our experience) that have come up on the forum and may be help to those on their way soon :)

~ Airport was a breeze, in and out. Mind you, only a few planes landed at same time. Departure area is great - breezy, lots of food choices, smoking areas, 2 duty frees and other shops (Victoria Secrets, LaCoste, etc) NOTE: Santo Domingo coffee more expensive and Brugal Extra Viego (1000 ml) $8 more than at resort!!

~ Baggage porters on arrival not as "pushy" as I'd read. A nice man with a huge smile stood with me while hubby looked for bags - he got them on a cart, took us straight to VIP (our prearranged transport) and out to van. We tipped him $2.

~ It is really very easy to go from arrival, customs, baggage, transport and on your way!!

~ VIP Travel Services was fabulous! Great drivers, quick trips both ways.

~ Road to Uvero Alto (Zoetry, Excellence, Dreams, Sirenis) - it's not the road necessarily, it's the driving, LOL. Not nearly as scary as we thought it would be, and patchwork has been done. Four people on a motoconcho is not unusual...

~ Air Canada - great flights - arrived early both in PC and home. Entry and Exit fees covered by Air Canada (bonus!) About an hour before landing in PC, Immigration and Customs cards are given out on plane to fill out, and Tourists Cards handed out, to hand right back in when land, LOL

~ "Earplanes" DO work to help alleviate issues with change in air pressure

~ bring Deep Woods OFF, and I suggest bringing two cans - helps with sand fleas on beach and the mosquitos (for us anyway). We were sharing it with staff at night, as theirs was only 7% DEET. Afterbite was also a great idea, as was cortisone cream.

~ Sunscreen, applied often - 'nuff said!!

Yikes, this is longer than I planned - just sooooo much to tell!!

Before ending this, however, I must say what a wonderful, amazing day we had on Gladiator with MikeFisher's crew of Luis and Charly!! Cold beer, open ocean and great memories. I will be posting a separate review of our excursion. Our driver, Uschi (sp?) was so kind and great to point out all things to see on our way to Cap Cana. The marina and area is crazy beautiful - new docks going in too!! She also told us about a fabulous place to shop - Tropical Treasures - it's a yellow house on the beach between Sirenis and Dreams PC - gorgeous spot!! Zoetry arranged a cab (5 min ride) and we enjoyed a wonderful hour or so shopping and chatting with the owner, Jundula. Prices are fixed and very, very reasonable (great prices for rum and coffee). We bought almost all of our souvenirs here!! She has everything from larimar jewellery, coffee, rum, shirts, hats - you name it!! She also takes care of many beach dogs, including having them "fixed" and arranging for adoptions in Canada -there's a litter on the way :)

Okay, I've gone on long enough (lo siento). Let's just say, it was the most incredible experience and we loved everything about it!! We are already planning how/when to get back!!

Please feel free to ask any questions - we were assisted by so many prior to our trip, it would be our pleasure to help where we can:)

We have lots of pictures and will be sure to attach them to review or through a web link...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Sounds amazing!! So glad it exceeded expectations.

I wish the cab ride wasn't so expensive to get to Tropical Treasures from Catalonia. That owner deserves the biggest hug ever for her work with the beach dogs. She had some sad set backs recently regarding the dogs. I would love to meet her.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Glad you had such a wonderful vacation/honeymoon :-) Isn't tropical treasures great??? She has beautiful jewelry and her prices are wonderful. We had the opportunity to meet with her and discuss her work with the dogs - she is an amazing woman!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Wow, congratulations on your recent wedding. I can't believe how fast time flies and that you are back from Zoetry already. As per your experience there I am tempted to say: I told you so;)))) I am glad you and your husband had a great time and looking forward to reading your review.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
857 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Laceyblue,

So glad you had an amazing time! Must say I was a little worried that you were anticipating so much this trip, that it wouldn't live up to expectations. But it sounds like it went above and beyond any expectations you had! So happy to hear you had a wonderful honeymoon. Enjoy married life and I hope you and hubby become Punta Cana regulars!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Very happy you had a great time at this wonderful resort. I get worried at times when someone does as much research and gets as excited as you for a trip that it can only go down hill and not meet expectations. I guess not! That's great! Did you make it to Dreams PC for any shows? See any kids? Did you make any of the special dinners.

I finish off my trip in Jan with 4 nights at Zoetry and it works out great after 8 nights at SRB and DPC which are more hectic. Congrats on your wedding.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

I am so glad it lived up to or exceeded your expectations

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Welcome back and glad you had a wonderful honeymoon. Look forward to your review and pics!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Wow sounds like it was a perfect honeymoon. So glad you had a wonderful time. Best wishes for you both in your marriage.

RobandLisa

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

Hello,

Thanks for your info. I was wondering if you could comment on the issue of bugs and lizards inside the rooms.

I have been to Punta Canada so I understand that bugs are to be expected but many of the recent reviews make it seem like there are problems of bugs and other creatures inside the hotel rooms. This is the only thing that is stopping me from booking this hotel so any info is appreciated!!

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Zoetry, and at a loss...

I'm so happy for you that your honeymoon was so special. All of your planning did pay off. Although I do not know you, it sounds as though you have a very upbeat, "happy" personality....and I wonder if you would have a great experience at any resort simply because of the vibe that you exhibit. I think staff members truly do respond in kind to the vibes that people give out. Welcome home-and good luck this school year!!