We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad reviews based on tile floors

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
346 reviews
Save Topic
bad reviews based on tile floors

Just a little rant about all the bad reviews I read just cause the rooms have tile floors! They have tile floors because they are Caribbean beach resorts and moisture and sand do not work well with carpet. Okay rant over...lol

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

AND...tile floors are much easier to clean !! LOL

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

I'd hate to think how much mold would be growing in carpeting down there. No thanks!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

That's a new one. And most renos shows I watch on TV the new owners want the gross carpets out and tile and or wood floors put down!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

Well, we're already trying to figure out how to redo our entire bathroom in the tile we saw in Zoetry's bathrooms, LOL. No complaints here!!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

I hate hotels here in Canada with carpet, no matter how clean you think the hotel is, take a look at bottom of your socks after walking just a little bit on the carpets, we all take slippers if the hotel has carpet in the room, I would love tile floors on the hotel rooms here, just my liking though

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

I work with a company that builds hotels. To put in tile floors there is one big issue. Noise. Heels on mens and womens shoes click like crazy on tile floors. This clicking will go through the best of soundproofed floors. Last time we were at the Ambar, we didn't hear a peep from the room above us. But at Dinner time when the lady got all "Dolled Up" she would put on her heels and it was all we could hear. We actually found it funny and it didn't bother us. But I have stayed in hotels where there is tile and you would swear there was a fasion show going on as they wore their heels the whole time.

As far as the carpet being dirty matfel, the hotel isn't doing a good job of cleaning.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

I think the noise is the aspect I dislike most about tile floors - there are ways they can be laid to reduce noise (extra insulation between floors) but of course, that is expensive.

There are also non-carpet options that don't make as much noise as ceramic tile does (lino type materials, or the 'wood' that is a plastic composite.

I am fine with tile floors... as long as I am on the top floor!

8. Re: bad reviews based on tile floors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:19