We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants at GBP Ambar and Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants at GBP Ambar and Punta Cana

We are staying at GBP Ambar, and would like to know which restaurants we should make reservations for! Also i can't seem to find an email address to where i should make my requests?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,935 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants at GBP Ambar and Punta Cana

rdhj,

The most popular a la cartes are the Don Pablo, Gourmet, located at the Ambar resort, the Bella Italia located at the Esmeralda resort, the Garden Grill Steakhouse located at the Punta Cana resort, and the Maiko, Japanese. located at the far end of the Bavaro resort lobby. The Portofino, Italian at the Ambar is open every two days and then closed for two days is also available - it is difficult to book based on these 2 days on, then 2 days off so to speak, but if you wish to book it, the staff will work it into your schedule.

You may also book the same a la carte on more than one occasion.

You may pre book your a la cartes, as they all need reservations and guests of the Ambar are permitted to do so.

To do so, guests of the Ambar resort would send an email to Leonardo Astacio at:

gerenterrppbpamb@bahia-principe.com

Please do so No Sooner than 7-10 days prior to your arrival and provide Leonardo with your names, booking number, date of arrival and tour operator name. You may also change these with the Guest Services staff after your arrival if you wish to do so, but it does save you time booking prior to arrival and the opportunities to obtain the a la carte of your choice is much better.

Once you have checked in to the Ambar, go to the Guest Services desk to obtain your a la carte confirmation receipts which you will be required to show the staff at the door to each a la carte when you enter.

When booking your a la cartes, just ask for the time you desire and they will try their very best to accommodate these times - a la cartes and the main buffet are open from 6:30pm to 10:30pm.

Here is the dress code for all of the a la cartes with the exception of the "gourmet" a la carte called the "Don Pablo"

" No bathing-suits or sleeveless shirts or open toed shoes - dress shoes or a nice sandal is acceptable. Dress shorts, long pants, long or short sleeve shirts for men are fine - ladies are good with shorts, capris, dresses, pants"

Here is the dress code for the Don Pablo gourmet a la carte at the Ambar - For men, long pants or trousers - no shorts or sleeveless shirts - long or short sleeve shirts - no open toed shoes - dress shoes or a nice sandal is fine. For the ladies, any shoe is acceptable, but not swimming sandals - flip flops as they refer to them.

For the buffet, open toed footwear, including flip flops, dress shorts, pants are permitted for all meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner - no bathing suits or sleeveless shirts.

In the event guests staying at the other Bahia resorts are reading this reply, I thought I would add this in - This is the same policy for all of the 5 resorts and their respective "gourmet" a la carte (the "Cafe de Paris" for the Bavaro & Premier resorts - the "La Gourmet" for the Punta Cana resort.

You will find that many men will wear a pair of kahki long pants to dinner and the ladies very often are dressed in capris or a dress.

I hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 29 August 2012, 04:10
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants at GBP Ambar and Punta Cana

As usual fantastic info John..........

Our favourite a la cartes were the Don Pablo Gourmet, Garden Grill and the Bella Italia.

3. Re: Restaurants at GBP Ambar and Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:18