We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

I am now down to these two resorts for me and my 10 and 13 year old which one has the biggest pool and more activities for there age?.

Thanks

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Which Dreams property - Dreams Palm Beach or Dreams Punta Cana?

If you are referring to Dreams Palm beach and deciding between this one and the Majestic Colonial I would choose Dreams Palm Beach as there are more activities and a good kids club........the Majestic Colonial is pretty limited in what they offer as far as kids activities.

Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

OH...I did not know Dreams at two propertys in Punta Canta

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Dreams Palm Beach is their older property. It is very compact. And has a good program for younger children. It is about 20 minutes north of the airport, whereas Dreams Punta Cana is about 45 minutes non-stop north of the airport. But it is larger and has the better program for kids your age.

FYI - there is also Dreams La Romana, about 90 minutes south of Punta Cana airport. It's a great destination!

Edited: 04 September 2012, 17:33
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

We went to Dreams Palm Beach and really enjoyed it. I've also heard good things about Dreams Punta Cana - we chose DPB because of the calm water as our then 7 year old son was not a strong swimmer. If your kids like surfing waves then you may want to look more closely at DPC.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Hay,

Dreams La Romana is now only 40 minutes away with the new highway from Punta Cana Airport another good option for the kids.......................

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Majestic is a better resort...i think the stuff for the kids at DPB is overrrated. Would not recommend the DPC.

Cheers, Glen

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Majestic has the largest pool, and a much better beach than Dreams PC.

I agree with LanceBullock it is a better resort.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

@ Lance - Have you been to Dreams with kids? After doing a lot of research for resorts suitable for kids, we chose Dreams Palm Beach last year for our first trip with our then 7 year old son. I cannot emphasize enough how much fun he had - we had a hard time to get him to spend time with us cuz he just wanted to hang out with the kids club. We are not talking about spending the day inside playing video games - he was at the beach jumping on their ocean trampoline or using the bungee; in the pool using the inflatable climbing rock or in the yard of the kids club where they had a great play structure and water jets. He played lots of sports and games with the animation staff as well and made lots of friends - in no way overrated at all. As a comparison, we went to a resort in Mexico this past March (not Dreams) that came well recommended for kids and he didn't enjoy it near as much. Unfortunately, there were some things about the Dreams resort that would preclude me from returning there - mainly that I couldn't go running outside which is a deal breaker for me (the resort was too small without enough pathways) and my husband and I didn't love the open concept bathroom.

While I'm sure the Majestic Colonial or Elegance are better resorts in other aspects (they look beautiful and have always been on my wish list if travelling with just my husband) - for someone who is looking for lots of activities for kids, I'm sure that the Dreams would be more suitable.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

I agree with momluvstorun- Dreams is very kid oriented where the Majestic falls short in this area. The Majestic is fabulous and we loved it but for someone who would like kids activities it will not likely meet those needs.

I disagree with hlywud about the beach - the beach at Dreams Palm Beach is beautiful and much more suited for children in my opinion. The MC water is rocky in areas and can be quite "wavy" at times..........

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial Punta Cana or Dreams

Yep--been to the ME with three kids--not with kids at the Dreams. Kids loved the ME--had lot of stuff to do. Don't get me wrong...I think kids clubs are great for younger kids. If your primary reason for booking a place is a kids club--yes--Dreams has a better one. But, in my mind, the resort should fit both the kids and the adults.

Having been to both, i would say the ME has lots of activities for kids and an overall better experience for both adults/adults. That being said, Dreams is a solid resort.

Lance