We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

It seems like everyone says its hard to get restaurant reservations at the iberostar grand. This confuses me and makes me wonder if I should book the majestic elegance instead. We went there before and had no problems with getting into restaurants.

We were going to go to the grand this time because it was such a good price. Any help wold be great. We are booking our trip on Sunday so I'd like to make my decision by then. We are going last minute with a planned travel date of September 23rd.

Boston
Level Contributor
67 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

We sent our restaurant requests via email a week or so in advance and received the 3 nights we requested when we checked in One night was 30 minutes earlier then we wanted but we didn't have any issues.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

Go to the Iberostar Grand. I have been there 3 times. Try to email ahead of time to the hotel/concierge desk to request your dinner reservations at the a la cartes or have your butler and/or the concierge make your reservations as soon as you get there. But don't miss the Gala/Grand buffet night and the Dominican/Caribbean buffet night at the buffets.

Definitely choose the IB Grand if you think you got a good price. I am sure you will find it step(s) above the Majestic properties.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

I don't like having to make restaurant reservations at all, but having to make reservations a week before I get there is a deal breaker for me. How should I know where I'll feel like eating on any given night - a week in advance? Maybe I like a particular restaurant after trying it, and would like to return another night.

Go to Excellence. Beautiful place with 8 restaurants and no reservations. So you can choose where to eat each night according to what you feel like. If they can't fit you in right away, just go have a drink at the bar, and they'll call you, or just go to one of the other many restaurants (and they're not restaurants at an inferior neighbouring resort, like at Iberostar)

CLARKSVILLE
Level Contributor
261 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

When we went to the Iberostar Grand last year, we didn't make any reservations in advance and had the butler make them when we arrived and we were set for the entire 12 days we were there. The buffet there is to die for anyway, and bars and staff are wonderful. Go and enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

PuntaCanaPapi

Every time I read the reviews of Iberostar Grand, 4 or 5 of the reviews on the first page complain about the reservation system. Some describe it as "horrible". One current review calls it a "lottery". Some say they emailed before hand and their emails were either ignored, or that once they got there, they found that some of their choices weren't open on the nights they got requested, and were out of luck. Some say certain restaurants weren't available for their entire stay. Some say they had to take transportation to a neighbouring resort and it was so bad they returned and ordered room service. Some say they spend hours arguing with management about it.

I don't need that kind of aggravation on my vacation, and I don't like the uncertainty. I also don't like scheduling my dining choices for a week, let alone 12 days. What if I want to linger by the pool one day, but I can't because I have to make it to dinner at a certain time? What if I find I don't like a particular restaurant, but I'm scheduled for another time or two there?

I have enough scheduling of things in my work. I schedule the flight and the accommodations because I have to. I don't want to schedule anything else. When I get there, I want to be able to do what I want, when I want, with no consideration for time, reservations, etc. Just kick back and enjoy.

I get that with Excellence, Secrets, Dreams, etc. A buffet is fine for breakfast and lunch, but I much prefer a sit down and be served from a menu restaurant for dinner. At these places, the decision for dinner occurs over a margarita or martini just prior to dinner, both for where and when.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 00:34
Gray, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

I had reservations at the majestic elegance but after many reviews about bringing your own wash rags and no towels in bathrooms, I decided to upgrade to the Grand. I leave in 6 days and I am very confident it was a great move. Book the Grand and don't look back.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

shadowmanjb

I've never stayed at Majestic. I know people who have, including my sister, and they all say Excellence and Secrets are far superior.

I've never stayed at Iberostar Grand Bavaro. I read great things about it, except for the reservation thing. I've stayed at other Iberostar resorts, including one of the sister resorts that you may be eating at, and the food wasn't great. So make sure you get reservations at the Grand. Otherwise, it seems like a top notch place.

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

Thank you all so much for your feedback. I think we will book the grand. After all as long as its sunny and nice I will be happy. I need a vacation! 2 weeks can't come fast enough!

9. Re: Iberostar grand restaurant bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:17