We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults-only, all-inclusive for group

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adults-only, all-inclusive for group

I'm planning for a group of 12, ages 22-64, looking for an all-inclusive in Punta Cana. We're not a picky group, but we definitely want adults-only, scuba (not necessarily on-site, but would be nice), good range of dining options. We're not looking for high-end luxury (as some of us are on a budget), just a nice laid-back vacation. We went to Breezes Runaway Bay in Jamaica a couple of years ago and were very happy with that.

I was looking at Barcelo Bavaro Beach... any advice? Also, none of us speak Spanish, will it be extremely hard to communicate with staff?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults-only, all-inclusive for group

I have not been to the Barcelo Bavaro Beach resort but it was on my list this year. When I checked into it I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you did not have access to the a la cartes through out the property - just those ( I think it was 2 or 3) right at the BBB itself.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults-only, all-inclusive for group

We stayed at the Barcelo Palace last spring but spend most of our time at the Barcelo Beach and booked again for next April (this time at the Barcelo Beach). We do not speak Spanish and have not have any issues.

There are 2 a-al-cartes at the Beach (international gourmet and Mediterranean) and 2 at the Palace that are included (Steakhouse and Seafood), As well there is a 24 sports bar and lunch a-la-carte at the clubhouse, All other a-la-cartes at the Palace side have a fee ($15-20) for Beach hotel guests.

Ive not been - but I think Punta Cana Princess and Catalonia Royal would be good moderate priced options to look at as well.

3. Re: Adults-only, all-inclusive for group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:18