We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

We just got back on saturday from Iberostar Bavaro.

If you should have any questions about the resort feel free to ask me.

We did do fishing and sailing on a catamaran.

Had a wonderful time.

Grava83
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

I am goin there in 2 weeks with 2 more couple and 4 toddlers. How's the beach water conditiOns? Big waves or not really how's the seaweed issue? Is it really bad? How's the weather at night do we need a sweeter can kids wear dressed and shorts at night or do they need long pants, does it get cooler at night? Also are there any construction in the hotel/renovations going on? Is everything open all the restaurants and bars? And is it really crowded this time of the year? Thanks so much I am so happy to head some feedback.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

Have u been to any other pc resorts? Which ones and how do they compare?

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

Grava 83 - Hi We loved the IB. The beach water depends on the weather. We had 2 days of red flags - no swimming. The seaweed is patchie, they do try to keep it cleaned up. They do have a kiddie water park next to the pool. I'm not sure of the toddlers ages, but I think they will have fun. The pool by the bar has a incline and the water is like walking into the ocean, other childen would play there. The weather was HOT & HUMID. You might need a sweater in the A/C La Carte Restaurants. Men must wear long pants in the La Carte Restaurants. All bars and restaurants were open. You must make reservations for the La Carte. No fighting for huts at pool or beach. Hope you have a great trip. I surely did. Can't wait to go back. If I forgot anything send me a message.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

My wife took her mother there a couple years back, the only complaint that she had was that there were no blended drinks, everything was over the rocks, I don't know why but I had/have a hard time believing her, once and for all, are there blended (slushy) drinks or not? Thanks!

Grava83
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

We traveled there 3 years ago in may and had no waves and water in ocean was beautiful you can just floar in water, I hope that we dont have crazy waves this time also and have nice calm water. and NO seeweed. I hate seeweed in the water taht is why i am so concerned about it.

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

Minnesota - They serve slushy drinks of all kinds. They will make you what ever you want. At the lobby bar they even have a menu of drinks they can make and even a menu of different kind of booze they serve. Have one or two drinks for me please.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

How many catamarans and windsurfers are in the resort available to take out?

We have been there many times, just want to make sure before we book that the boats are still available for daily use.

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

Suzanne - We did not use the catamarans or windsurfers from the resort. We went on a private pay catamaran excursion. We used ISLANDSUN - it was called the "Sailing Adventure" . Don't remember what we paid. If you need more info on this let me know and I'll dig out the paper work. We enjoyed it very much. We loved the resort. Very clean and the good food. Hope you have a great trip! Have a drink for me while you are there.

Colorado
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

We are thinking of going in July. Can anyone tell me if the buffets are air conditioned or all open air restaurants?

Edited: 16 June 2013, 01:36
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back Iberostar Bavaro any question?

Buffet is open air

Edited: 16 June 2013, 03:12