We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams v Iberostar

wallasey
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams v Iberostar

Can't decide between Dreams Palm Beach or Iberosar Punta Cana has anyone got any comparrisons please ?

Brampton
Level Contributor
970 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

I can't compare but I've been to Dreams Palm Beach and it was amazing.

It's a smaller resort then the Iberostar. I was there for my honeymoon almost 3 years ago and looking to book again for this December.

Everything was great - food, rooms, ambiance, pool beach. Can't go wrong with Dreams.

Personally I like a smaller resort with not too much walking. everything is a 5 minute walk which is super.

They also have waiteress who serve you drinks by the pool which was a nice PLUS.

If you have it in your budget try and book the Preferred section, has more ameneties.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

hi when you looking to book. I went to the iberostar bavaro which was great and next door to punta cana and im at palm beach on the 1st november. Would be happy to let you know when im back.

If you cant wait and decide on iberostar try and stretch to iberostar bavaro as I think it was nicer than punta cana and you can still use the punta cana

wallasey
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

Hi Kelly we've actually booked DPB for 31st Dec but getting a little worried about the reports of demolition next door.So we're considering swapping our booking for the IPC

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

I have been to Iberostar Bavaro which is right next to Iberostar Punta Cana and we have been to Dreams Palm Beach 2x. I would go with Dreams Palm Beach.

Iberostar was nice, however Dreams Palm Beach has less of a "European" flair to their food. We just got back yesterday from Dreams Palm Beach and noticed hardly any construction/ demolition noise at the resort.

Another huge plus with Dreams is that you do not need dinner reservations. We were told we were guaranteed 3 dinners, however we only were able to get two for the week one of which was at 10pm as they were all "booked".

I love the smaller setup of Dreams as everything is convenient however has never felt crowded. The beach at Dreams is nicer as well, whiter sand and bluer water. Everyone has complained of seaweed recently, however this is found at most resort right now due to the tides. Also, in general the employees were much nicer and entertainment was superior at Dreams.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

You must remember that you just got back from the slowest time of the year, thus it would not feel crowded, nor would you have to wait long for a table. The sand is the same colour all along Bavaro Beach...there is no difference there...same with water colour...this past week it has been turquoise the entire length.

Rooms...Iberostar...larger and better maintained

Animation...Dreams...one of the best in the area

Food...either....subjective topic

Reservations....keep in mind "no reservations" also means lets wait outside in hot conditions wearing long pants especially during busier times of the year.

Beach....Dreams water usually calmer

Golf...Iberostar has a brilliant course on the property

Location...Dreams closer to the airport ...Iberostar closer to things you might want to do.

Consistency...hands down, Iberostar is about the most consistent resort chain on the island.

Neither is a bad choice, but would lean towards Iberostar due to better rooms, and consistency.

Just my thoughts...

Cheers

PCMike

Edited: 06 October 2012, 18:02
Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

We were also at Dreams Palm Beach during peak as well in 2010 and it was never bad. Our Iberostar room was very outdated... felt like a time warp to the 80's complete with tube TV. Just my experience though. Things change. Have an awesome time... you can't go wrong with either.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

"No Reservations" means you don't have to wait in line to eat 2 or 3 a-la-carte dinners per week at odd times. It means at times some restaurants during peak hours of 6:30 to 7:30 may have a wait, usually no longer than 20 mins. Later you can just walk right in and get a table. Means not having to eat buffets most nights because you can't get into the a-la-cartes even though they are 1/3 filled. No Reservations is they way to go!

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

Yep,No reservations is a plus for us.We always eat pretty close to when the restaurants open that way we have never had to wait..

wallasey
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

Once again thanks for all your inputs just wondering does DPB still serve premium beers i,e Budweiser and Corona

10. Re: Dreams v Iberostar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:17