We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poor Response-Now Larimar

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Poor Response-Now Larimar

Sent email mid sept to concierge at Now Larimar with a few questions. Got no response and checked their facebook, couple of other people said there that also no response. they got an answer on facebook saying this 'Now Larimar Punta Cana Hi All, please rest assured that we receive hundreds of emails daily and prioritize responses based on arrival dates. We'll be in touch with you as soon as possible! Thank you'

I pretty much get the impression that most resorts get emailed daily from future guests, i previously stayed at Catalonia and was always given responses within 48 hrs.

3 weeks later and still no response to any of my mails.

Its not a big deal really i know but i thought it was a very poor excuse for a response. Is this a general lack of service to expect? or a fair enough response and i need to get over it.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

Maybe send Flip Flop Man a message...he is there right now. He seems to know the people who get things done!

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

Ouch!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

Not sure if I posted this for you before, did you try:

concierge1.nolpc@nowresorts.com

Dublin
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

thanks beachlover, will check if thats who i sent to already

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

You're welcome, let me know what happens.

Montreal,Qc.Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

Email the concierge, she emailed me back, but did not like the way she answered me back.. Was not impressed at ALL. By the way, did u get any response Suzilily???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

What was it that you did not like? What was the request and the response?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

I got a similar response when asking SRB via e-mail about an upgrade cost, really got the runaround and It's a bit disheartening.Finally, about a month and a half later, Omar Saavedra got back with me. But, at that point, I was fed up with the whole situation. I thanked him for getting back with me, but didn't upgrade.These resorts are affiliated, so maybe they really are just overwhelmed with e-mail requests....but one would think that they would employ more folks to take care of the situation.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

Employing more people for that task simply adds to the cost of your vacation...something most are trying to reduce...not increase. There are indeed a huge amount of emails received...some of major concern...others simple generic requests. Resorts do not really have "general guest request centers". It is often someone from the sales office responding, but most of their day is spent dealing with the paperwork received by your travel company. Most requests should in fact be put through them....the tour company you have booked with. Many resorts never receive a manifest of guests names until a week or so ahead of time...from the tour company, thus there is nothing to reference your name to.

One must also remember that a request is just that. The resort is under no obligation to honour any requests, although they do try. Be patient and most will respond...often a week or two prior to arrival.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Poor Response-Now Larimar

I get that they probably receive a lot of emails, but it really doesn't take a huge amount of time to respond - especially as I am guessing that the majority of questions are similar - 1. Room request 'thank you x for your request, we have noted it and will do our best to accommodate, but there are no guarantees' and 2. Request for information on transfers, menus, food allergies, etc. all of which are very simple to have pre-typed responses / attachments for. I get hundreds of emails s day, of which about 10% are urgent / important and relate directly to what I do, but I still get to the rest within a day or two, as well as doing my 'proper' job.