We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

I was just at the Melia in August for a week and really enjoyed it so I'm looking at coming back to PC. My company offers discounts at the Barcelo Palace so was wondering if anyone had stayed at the 2 and which they thought would be a better resort for a single traveller.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

We've been to both - the Barcelo 6 years ago and then again last year and to the Melia 4 years ago.

We enjoyed both but prefer the Barcelo and have booked there again for next April.

If you like the Melia - I am pretty confident you would like the Barcelo as well if not better.

Not sure about single travel except to say that the general mix of guests seemed quite similar to us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

Thanks for the info, my other fear is that the Barcelo will be overrun with kids unlike the Melia, any info on that?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

I can't say we found it overrun with kids but to be honest - we spent most of our time at the Barcelo Beach (adult only side) of the hotel and when we were on the Palace side - it is so large that there are areas where families congregate and areas they don't.

Both Melia and Barcelo cater to families, so depending on time of year you would likely get the same mix of families and kids to contend with but both provide plenty of space to avoid that crowd if you want to.

4. Re: Barcelo Palace Deluxe vs Melia Caribe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 02:18