We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

199 days until Majestic Colonial

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
199 days until Majestic Colonial

Travelling May 2013! Can't wait to see Dahiana, Looky,Looky, Nemo, Tutti Futti and the rest of the funjestic team :)

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

We are traveling in May as well! Cannot wait!!

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

We're going on Feb 23rd for our fourth time. This wait is brutal.

Ontario
Level Contributor
165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

May 2 - 12th Majestic Elegance! First time to ME for us cannot wait!

Kearney, Nebraska
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

We are going Jan 2nd for the third time. Hope the days fly by til its time to leave.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

It appears that many of your are fans of Magestic Resorts. I am looking for an adult only option for my husband, me and our two adult children. I have read that the Colonial is renovating an adult only section.

At this point, considering Secrets and either Majestic resort. There is a considerable price difference.

My travel agent speaks highly of both Secrets and the Magestic properties. Can you help? We are not fussy but want good rooms, decent service and good food. We love great pools and visit the beach but do not sit there all day.

Thanks

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

cheaptoothfairy :

I travelled last year to Majestic Colonial as a group of 10, and it was the best vacation ever. This was my parents 2nd time and my first. I am an 18 year old and I really enjoyed my time here. Even though the adults only section was not open when I traveled it wasn't a big deal. We had no issues with children there, there were many children but they never bothered us. The colonial's pull is the length of the resort and there are always lots of chairs to pick from, you can choose to be where the entertainment is or somewhere else quiet. The food was great ( I am extremely picky, and I ate everyday no problem), The staff is amazing, I made some extraordinary friends with them, the entertainment is great, rooms are huge! and very clean. Great resort!! Although I cannot not speak for the adults only section as I have not been there, The Majestic in general is amazing. Whether you decide to go to the adults only or the colonial you will have a great time.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

cheaptoothfairy,

I think your best bet is to check out the rankings of the resorts on the left. Then find something in your price range.

Ten years ago when we made our first trip to Punta Cana we fell in love with the resort we were at. We tried 2 different (highly recommended) resorts and have gone back to our original one.

My own personal opinion is that you will love your 1st resort here. People come here and think that where they stayed is the best. I think you should try to get opinions from people who have been here more than us (6 times) because they have probably the widest experiences. If not use the reviews and rankings on the left. You won't go wrong.

Grumpy

By the way, we love the Iberostars.

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

we are returning to Punta Cana for our first time since 2006, and we have decided to go to the Majestic Colonial and staying in the Colonial Club section and staying there from December 14th-21st

Can't wait to get there

9. Re: 199 days until Majestic Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 10:18