We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

Does Punta Cana have a shopping, rest. bar area? Wanting to stay at Bavaro beach and just wondering what is there?????

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

There's not really a strip as such of bars and shops things are dotted around in different plazas, looking at your other posts I would suggest you look at one of the resorts that is connected to others in its group that you can use the facilities so you have plenty of options on things to do, places such as the palladium group or the bahia Principe for example

Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
331 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

We are staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace in November and I heard there are Venders set up next to the resort down the beach if that is the kind of shopping you are looking for and I also heard there is a restaurant Jellyfish next to it too. BBP is on Bavaro Beach. I have not been to Punta Cana before but have asked the same question.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

We generally prefer the bigger resorts like the Palladium as you get more options and we always go for a minimum of 2 weeks so don't want to get bored.

The Palladium is a short walk to the Contecito which is one of the only stretch of shops you'll find in PC and even that is very limited.

There is a Plaza behind the Palladium too. There are some new Malls in cab distance but they are a bit of a rip off imo.

snooks

Edited: 18 October 2012, 16:08
4. Re: Anywhere to stay where you are walking distance to shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:16