We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal - towel cards

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal - towel cards

Is it true that Catalonia Royal side has instituted a towel card system? We were just there in January and got fresh towels in our room every night, no worries about the frustrating towel card system. We are heading back in a few weeks and heard this has changed....please say it ain't so!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

It is so... sort of. When we arrived the beach towels were in our room as usual. You have to change them yourself at towel huts located near the Thalassa pool or the beach bar. When we left the beach for the day we swapped out our used towels for new. We never had a problem getting a clean towel but have read if they don't have any you get a card.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

That is standard in most AI hotels now, I would have said that putting Towels in your room is the exception and we have stayed at many 4/5 star properties.

Never been an issue to us and we just swap them over on the way back to our room.

I think Dreams Palm Beach used to collect your towels from the loungers but you still had to pick up new ones yourself, but we've never had to queue for more than a minute or so.

Can't see how something so trivial would affect your holiday.

snooks

Edited: 19 October 2012, 04:02
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

Snooky, it was a good system before and I also had a bit of concern how it would be implemented. It turned out to be fine but I do understand the OP's concerns since they had been to Cat Royal before.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

We have never had that before and I don't think we would be bothered either way tbh. At the Ambar they often changed your Room Towels twice a day which we thought was a bit OTT but we just changed our Pool Towels as we went back to the room and never even thought about it.

The other thing that I notice many getting upset about are Face Clothes or Flannels as we call them - we only ever use them to wipe down the sink tops etc. LOL

snooks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

Thanks Marg - I appeciate your response.

Snooky - it wasn't a question about a 'trivial' item as was commented.

The system worked great before and I am dissappointed that they changed it. I have been to other resorts where the towel card system has been a nightmare (no towels available, long lines, time restrictions on trade in times) etc. These were higher priced resorts (Dreams, Barcelo, Azul) Just don't want that to happen here.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

I don't use face cloths either but many people do in North America. I tell folks to bring a few coloured ones from home if it's important they have them. Cat Royal does supply them but sometimes they don't get replaced everyday and guests get upset by this. I've also read about complaints with bath towels. My daughter and I had zero problems but we only used one towel each after showering. There are 4 in each room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

I think the towel hut at the beach was open until 5 PM???? Not sure about the hut at the Thalassa pool.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

We have been to the Carribbean 20 times and never really had a problem with Towels - perhaps we are lucky or perhaps we just don't care! lol

I have been known to stick a few spares in the draws before though - just in case. ;-))

snooks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

Same with us, many times in DR, never had problems with towels!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Royal - towel cards

We too have never had a big problem with Towels - either room or pool towels. But like Marg we don't expect unlimited towels for the room and the pool/beach. One each per day is fine for us.

I also have noticed that the towels are not always replaced as soon as the dirty ones are taken by the maid. If the maid cleans our room early sometimes the clean towels may not arrive until later in the day. For us this is not a problem.

And persoanlly I do not get the big deal about there being no washclothes every day in each room. If not having washclothes is something that will ruin yuor resort experience then take them with you! I laugh everytime I read a review where they say it's not a true 5 star because they didn't even have washclothes in the room!