We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi at majestic elegance

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
wifi at majestic elegance

How far does the wifi in the elegance club extend from the lounge area where I believe is the free wifi? Has anyone been able to pick it from their room or anywhere else? Do they give you a password for it or is it open wifi when you walk into the lounge?

BC Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

To my understanding there is no actual Wi-Fi in the Club rooms, but internet is avaialble with an ethernet cord. I have a laptop with Windows 7 and it worked great. Allowed us to use our Magic Jack to call home. If you have an Apple product you may need to take a small router with you to get Wi-Fi. There was a thread on this just a couple of days ago.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

I am at ME right now and I asked the same question on Monday. Go to the computer lounge and ask for an Ethernet cable. They will take $10 and you will get it back when you bring the cord back. Worked great. I have had wifi since Monday. I wish they would have just put a note in your room telling you this!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
500 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

If you are using a cable it is not wifi. When I was there last week, I could not get wifi out of the lounge.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

Do you have to login to the wifi in the lounge, or is it password protected?

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

Just go to your wireless connections and it will be the only choice.

I didn't have to use a password

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

i was thinking about taking a router with a strong biquad antenna on it and pointing it at one of the wifi areas. Just not sure how far the wifi extends out of the building. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks :)

Boston
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

The wifi stopped almost immediately after walking out of the lounge when I was there a few weeks ago. A few people would sit right outside the lounge but they were actually physically against the wall.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

I've gotten the club wi-fi outside two of the club lounges. I never tried at the 3rd. At the two original lounges (Ella & Elle) I have seated myself on the "love seats" outside the lounges and received the wi-fi. Sometimes I have been able to get it at the outside club pool bars, but only sometimes. In the lounges, there is no need for a password for the wi-fi, but you do have to set your device to pick up the signal.

If you are in non-club section, you can purchase wi-fi for use in the lobby. They will give you a password. Same deal with cable connection in rooms. If in club, just plug into the wall outlet and no password needed (or use router for wi-fi). In regular section, you will have to use password given to you. Room connection is free in club, but you have to purchase in regular section.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

But desi wears and aluminum foil hat (usually shaped into something stylish) wherever she goes. Keeps the government from being able to read her thoughts but conversely increases her WiFi range so that's an option.

-Brugal

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wifi at majestic elegance

Routers are so small and cheap these days it's worth bringing one. Last trip we were able to get a signal outside of our swim out room right next to the pool. Allowed us to check up on some things while our daughter as napping inside.

Also the cables the resort supply are very short. If you want any type of mobility while connected you need to bring a longer cable or a router.

-Brugal