We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Suites Turquesa

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Suites Turquesa

Hello all,

Here now, weather great and absolutely special as ever. Any questions I can answer with pleasure. One thing I wanted to know, it appears to be around 80 percent German speaking here - when I was last here there were more Americans-Canadians-British - any reason for change in nationality (just interested why the trend for more continental Europeans here versus North America). Is there a resort favored by North Americans or why not here (at least at the moment)........................

Regardñess it is SUPERB, ocean fantastic, staff fantastic and it truly is paradise.

Thanks all!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

I have also encountered many German guests at the Palladium over the years. But other times, there were quite a few Americans and Canadians. Perhaps the time of year one visits makes the difference.

Enjoy your stay at the RST, it's one of my favorite places to be.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

we have noticed that the fall has more people from Europe and lots of Germans, When we travel in Feb we meet more Americans and Canadians, Glad you are having a great time! we love the resort and are heading back for trip # 10 in Feb

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

Hi,

Thanks - makes sense it could be seasonal, was curious. We have been blessed with superb weather - off back to beach now before afternoon nap on deck at swim-up (tried the swimup this trip - OMG amazing experience).

Happy hols and enjoy and tks to all and Sukie who convinced me to come back here with their comments and photos.........best decision I could have made.

Thanks!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

enjoy!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

Remember that Punta Cana has long-been a favorite among Germans well-before the area was "discovered" by Americans & Canadians, and this is one of their prime vacation periods.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

81 days til we arrive.... is the beach far from this side of the palladium? anything special we need ti bring .. and sand fleas?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

each section of the grand palladium is on the beach, just depends on where your room is as to how close you are to the beach, sand fleas, had issues on one visit out of 9, that said since then I have avoided the beach at dawn and dusk when they are at their worst

Quebec
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

Hi

we were at the Royal Suites Turquesa in last December and I dont remember

the name of the two exclusive restaurants for the Royal customer? is somebody cant help me!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

the Royal Gourmet and La Chanterelle

Marlton, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Suites Turquesa

Is the main pool with the swim up bar open yet? I read it was closed August 16 until further notice.

If you had a choice between a honeymoon suite in the old section and a romance swim up suite in the new section which would you take.