We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stratford
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Just wondering if anyone knows how the snorkeling is at the Iberostar Dominicana Beach. Not sure I want to pack my snorkel set...I could save the extra room for more shoes lol

Seriously though, would love to know more about Iberostar Beaches for snorkeling.

Stratford
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Guessing the no replies means there isn't much snorkeling to do off the beach.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

You guessed correctly, the snorkeling isn't the greatest given it is a very busy strip with boats and swimmers and the water is not calm. Leave your gear at home and pack more shoes.

Stratford
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Thanks so much!! Great to know!! More shoes it is!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,765 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Actually there are some spots close to shore and the buoys where you can snorkel, some days you get lucky and there's lots of fish, some days not so much.

Video at the Iberostar, water VERY calm...

tripadvisor.ca/ProfileGallery-i22695109.html

Video from Caribbean Festival..

tripadvisor.ca/ProfileGallery-i19428961.html

Cheers, DEbBie

Enfield
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

Yes that's true. You can snorkell in a very shallow area right outside the Dominicana during the morning and it gets a bit choppy in the afternoon. However, the last time I went was in the Summer not Winter. And, if you walk further down the beach outside the Bavaro and the Grand there are more areas. And the fish love bread, so take them some bread and you'll see loads of them come and swim around you. So take your snorkell or borrow one from the sports hut. They don't charge you.

Edited: 24 November 2012, 23:48
6. Re: Snorkeling at Iberostar Dominicana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:17