We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

I am looking into hotels and the DPB pictures of the resort are what I am looking for, however the pictures of the beach that I have seen are contradictory. Some portray turquise calm water and others show a murky darker blue color. I would like to know if anyone who has actually stayed at the DPB to tell me what the water at the beach is? Thank you.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

I have not stayed there, my son (29) has. The water for the most part is very calm. Both the surf and the colour depend on weather. All of his pictures are calm and clear water. He visited in February.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

When we were there (January time frame) the water was cloudy at times and there was quite a bit of seagrass. However, much depends on the weather conditions, tides etc etc.

Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

Thanks that helps!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

the colour of the water there depends on the Sun Condition/Position of the moment a foto is taken. I live on the same Beach/same Bay, the water is year around supercalm and where corals and Seabottom grass are present it of course shimmers the typical postcard picture turquoise, without corals and Seagrass Bottom the water could not shimmer in any other colour than a deep dark blue, as that's the waters natural color.

there are times(for the whole area, not specific for specific beachstretches) when the water in general seems darker/less transparent, that's the case during specific points of the Tidal change and also when the offshore waters been rough/windy/wavy for some prior days, which brings more stirred up sand into the Bay and such reflects of course in the less transparency of the Sea Surface.

have fun

Mike

5. Re: Dreams Palm Beach Resort Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:15