We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

I have posted my review on trip advisor but I forgot to add one more thing. Two days after we arrived we had just come back from the beach and were in our room I had gone over by the ambar pool to return our towels and to book our parasailing excursion at the resort. I found the guy at the towel place very rude. Either way when we got back to our room I received a phone call from someone speaking in spanish asking for me. He told me I owed him 1000.00 and if I did not pay up he would come and find me. I immediately hung up. No one new we were on vacation except a few people and no one at this resort even knew my first or last name not even the guy at the towel hut. All I did was give my first name to the excursion guy. Anyways I did report this to the front desk and it did not happen again. It was very strange and I know this kind of thing can happen anywhere but I just wanted to let people beware of this strange occurance and it did not interfere with our vacation nor would it deter us from going back

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

That is very odd! I do agree with your comment on the

towel guy. I did find him very snarky! Very rude person.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

Yes he was very snotty like he could not be bothered with me returning our towels needless to say We had bought our own beach towels so I did not need to deal with him again. Either way I would still go back to the resort the phone call was a weird experience I just wanted to let other travellers know in advance it can happen anywhere but no harm was done

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

Not top add to it but the call had to come from inside. The Ambar, like many other hotels and resorts, would never put someone through to a room unless they had the name of the person. Calling a resort or hotel and simply asking for a room number should never get you transferred. There is nothing stopping anyone inside the complex from just randomly dialling a number, but you should never get past the switchboard.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

notkevin

Belive it or not I did bring that up with the front desk and that was my first thought none of my people whom I told were going even had the phone number of the resort. And the front desk told me that also. It was strange. I do not believe anyone on the resort did this I just chalked it up to a strange occurance. oh well no damage done it was just weird I just wanted to alert other travelllers the ambar is to high class and very strict to allow that kind of stuff to happen

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

Notkevin, the call probably came from inside the resort but not deffinately,cold calling has been reported a number of times by people who have spoken to timeshare people and have given their name, hotel to these people, said no to what was on offer then been rung in the room daily, if anyone other than a representative of your travel company asks to see your paper work there is no reason to show it to them

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

wrong,

Everyone from the Outside can dial the Bahia Principe Resort's Number and type in the Roomnumber to be connected straight with a specific Room, there is no Operator involved in the process, as the Bahia Resort as many other Resorts is using a automated Phone System. you dial the Resort's number and are greeted by a Computer, from there you can dial specific numbers to get connected with specific Departments of the resort, you also can type in a specific Roomnumber and the Computer Transfers your call straight to that room.

have Fun

Mike

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

True mike but its the fact that the caller knew the posters name which makes it look as if it came from an internal source

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

I think you overreacting.Somebody was just fooling ...People can hear yor name in the bus,during check in or from your luggage tags....Ambar is a very save resort.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

critter cat: are we talking 1000 dominican pesos? or 1000 US dollars? If the former may be misunderstanding over some transaction if the latter sounds like extortion to me.

Edited: 26 November 2012, 15:36
10. Re: Grand Bahia Ambar one more thing to add

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:16