We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Leaving Monday for Barcelo Bavaro Palace!

Can anyone give us tips and tricks?

Very excited as this will be our first trip to Punta Cana (Mexico has been the vacation destination thus far).

A little dissapointed to hear that we are no longer able to access Barcelo Bavaro Beach as that was part of the appeal when booked (and was NOT specified when booked). Will likely fork over the $15USD to try it out one day or two as I believe La Brisa is the place to eat closest to the beach?

Staying in a Junior Deluxe Suite and hoping we run into none (or very little) of the problems I've read about. Are they nice? Located close enough to the beach? I just want to make sure I don't get scammed out of what I've booked (again, have read that multiple times on here in relation to the BBPD).

Also, it will be my boyfriend's birthday this week and I'd like to set up a surprise for him (champagne in room, flowers, cake at restaurant, etc). What's the best way of going about that? Has anyone had experience doing that here?

Anyways, if you have been or can shed some light, that would be much appreciated!

3 sleeps! :)

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Bump....Bueller?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Make sure you make it over to Hoya 19 (golf course) for a change of scenery for a-la-carte lunch one day. It's also a good place to go if you are looking for a quiet continental breakfast away form the buffet crowd.

The Spanish (Fluente) was our favorite - leg of lamb is a big hit there (hubby had it) and I had a Marsala dish - both excellent.

Have a great trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Yes La Brisa is actually right on the beach. It has a continental breakfast,buffet lunch and a la carte dinner. The main buffet overlooks the pools and past that,the ocean. The junior deluxe suites are all very close to the beach. My husband had flowers delivered to our room for valentines day once and he set that up through guest services. Just remember they do things on Dominican time,flowers came about an hour later than specified. Hope this helps.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 13:04
North Wales...
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

I just read in the forum the other day that La Brisa is closed for renovations.

Is this true?

North Wales...
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

I thought La Brisa was closed for renovations right now?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Nicceee have fun. This place is on a rediculous beach...

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait! :)

Will make sure to check out Hoya 19 and the Spanish Restaurant (which just based on the general descriptions I don't think I would have picked otherwise!). Hmmm...leg of lamb :)

And will also chat with guest services about the birthday surprise - even if they can just get in there while we're at the beach it will be a nice surprise to come 'home' to that day!

I have been nervous with all the mixed reviews but I'm starting to think that if we just go with the flow and remember we're not at home, everything will be as amazing as we make it :) Also, glad to hear that the Junior Suites are right near the beach!

My other concern was alcohol - is it really hard to get brand name? I know I've read you just have to ask so that's what I plan on doing. I've really only been to Riu properties so I know it will be different than what I'm used to (Presidente especially as I'm a beer drinker mostly and I haven't tried it), but just hoping it will be drinkable.

Also - random question - do they have pool floaties here? I actually tried to buy some in Toronto and nowhere has them this time of year :( Not a big deal but though it would be nice to float out on Bavaro Beach.

I think I've read almost everything else about this place so I'm just ready to dive in! #firstimeinpuntacana

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

Presidente is good...

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

The only name alcohol I can hep you with (beside beer) is Gin - Tanqueray is not the default - but if you ask for 'Tanqueray and Tonic' - you will get Tanqueray as opposed to the Domestic Gin which is not as good.

virginia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe - Monday!

how was your trip and any tips I leave in june