We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

My Husband and I have rented a place for 3 weeks in Bavaro Beach, Playa Turquesa Condos. Some friends are interested in going to an AI for a week, close by, so we could visit or do dinner. Any recommendations for a nice AI close to this condo would be awesome!

Thanks to all for your input in advance!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

If I have the area correct, then Barcelo Dominican Beach might be the closest AI, but I also think Now Larimar and Secrets Royal beach are not too far. Now Larimar and its AO sister Secrets Royal Beach get MUCH better reviews.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Exactly, barcelo is a good budget resort 2 minutes walk from turquesa now and secrets is a 10 minute walk, to go for dinner you would need to buy a pass either for the day or the evening

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

our friends rented at playa turquesa,, Nice accomodations, quiet pool, and great private beach area. Lucky You!!!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Thanks for the input. The would want something a little higher than a budget. (2 early 50's). And we would meet outside of the AI. LIke at our condo!

Thanks everyone

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

then look on the Now Larimar, or if they prefer Adults Only look on the Secrets Royal Beach. both a 10 minutes Beachwalk from your Condo, so no Cabby etc needed to come back and forth, the Area is safe to walk the Beach back to their Hotel even at night/after Dinner at the Condo. the same area also offers several Bars/Restaurants nearby where you could meet or hang out aside of the Condo, to pay there the usual Rates for 4 comes out cheaper than to pay evening passes for 2 at a Resort to have Dinner there, in case you decide on a evening with Dinner that you do not have to prepare yourself.

have Fun

Mike

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Thanks again Mike!

Lafayette, Indiana
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

My husband and I are trying to decide between a lovely condo at Playa Turquesa Ocean Club and Barcelo Bavaro Beach AI. Part of the appeal of staying at Barcelo Bavaro Beach is the calm water and beautiful beach we keep hearing about. However, if Playa Turquesa Ocean Club is right next to Barcelo, then maybe that's a better option assuming their water is just as calm. My husband likes to just sit his chair right at the waters edge. Was the beach near the complex nice and were there good restaurants within walking distance? What about the drinking water? Did you drink, brush your teeth, etc. all out of bottled water?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Playa Turquesa is next to the hotel Barcelo Dominican Beach, NOT near the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Hotel.

we have different Barcelo properties in Punta Cana, not located in the same areas

Mike

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

Have just found the Playa Turquesa Condos and am considering making a booking for December. Can you give me any more details about the beach area on which it is sited? We love to swim (I love to walk on a beach).A few years ago in Puerta Plata (not good for swimming when we visited)we ate most evening at the lovely restaurants on the beach. I can find details about the Condos but would really appreciate anything else about the immediate area....shops etc

Also, if you do know, how do prices (food, wine, eating out, etc) compare to Barbados as this is where we have been for Xmas for the last 3 years.

10. Re: Playa Turquesa Ocean Club Condos and close All Inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:15