We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve at ocean blue

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
new years eve at ocean blue

has anyone been to ocean blue for new years eve? what can i expect? special meal?...dress code?...new years day special?...thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years eve at ocean blue

This will be our third Xmas and New Year’s family vacation at Ocean Blue-arriving Dec 23.

Both the Xmas eve and New Year’s Eve buffet dinners are spectacular with wonderful varieties of food, plus an archway laden with lobster tails and shrimp galore. There are beautiful food carvings and wonderful decorations around the buffet. So much food at the buffet, that dessert is set up in the lobby – a chocolate fantasy that you’ll swoon over. There are several seating times and reservations are made in the days preceding so your table is ready for you. Yes, you have to line up but if you show up when you’re supposed to, the seating is done quickly. There is an option of booking one of the smaller restaurants but we love the buffet. On New Year’s Eve you receive a bag of goodies (hat, noise makers, streamers etc.) and the courtyard is set up with tables of champagne and various other drinks. Fireworks ring in the New Year. I think Ocean Blue has gone above and beyond for these Galas and I’m sure they will be as great this year as in the past. Enjoy.

Re dress code - everyone dresses a little bit nicer but certainly not formal. Long pants and nice shirt for men, dress/skirt/ dressey pants for women.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
13,917 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Windsor, Ontario...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: new years eve at ocean blue

Sounds like a great time. Hey Amherstburg, we're not far from you we live in Lasalle and will be there New Years Eve too. Enjoy. We're leaving on the 29th.

Windsor, Ontario...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: new years eve at ocean blue

Sounds like a great time. Hey Amherstburg, we're not far from you we live in Lasalle and will be there New Years Eve too. Enjoy. We're leaving on the 29th.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new years eve at ocean blue

sounds like a excellent time. we have done NYE in P.P. before but not p.c., so i am aiming for x-mas and NY's next year.... i went to thins resort back in 07 and woudl love to go back...

5. Re: new years eve at ocean blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:15