We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Hey i'm staying at the Grand Bahia Principe from 31st Dec for 2 weeks .......And i wanna go off site dancing as even though the disco is good it just gets a bit sameish

Can anyone tell me of any where local off sight where i can go dancing ........?????

But I DO NOT wanna go to the standard tourist places like Imagine or Mangu ....

i wanna go get my groove on to Marengue, Bachata, Salsa, Reggeaton etcwithout the whole tacky tourist things and tourist prices lol

Thanks

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Ana-maria,

The Imagine & Mangu are certainly the most popular - I have heard of the Oro Nightclub but have not been there. It is at or next to the Hard Rock resort - just to the north of you.

If you look under "Things to Do" on the left side and then click on the "Nightlife" tab - it is shown there.

There are others at this link:

puntacanatv.com/punta-cana-airport-transfers…

Just scroll over and click on "Nightlife"

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Thanks Brooklin

i'll take a look but like i said don't really want the tourist places ....as i find them boring ...if i want to dance to european/American house/techno/dance (usual kinda music played in the tourist places) i will go to europe/ USA or stay at home lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,519 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Where you want to go is the carwash D,lujo at the Friusa intersection. Definately not your typical disco freak show...no naked roller skaters...no vip bar...just good fun.

Cheers

PCMike

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Naked rollerskaters? I'm frightened.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Really, I'm intrigued, thought I knew all the best places to go out lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

I bet the mentioning of the rollerskaters made a deal for some, lolol.

to the OP,

for a typical dominican dancefloor, as you seem to look for, you will luck out in Punta Cana, a typical dominican disco for a dance will be found i Higuey, and then further down in La Romana.

yes,

agreed to Mike,

the Carwash at Friusa is a typical PC ""Non Touristy"" dance and Fun hideout, those spots are great fun, but get ready that they are nothing of an Disco Hideout you ever visited, ha ha.

PC itself is for the very most part prepared for it's Visitors/Tourists, it's Expats/Residents and some Locals who are good on the money.

to go cheaper means there comes the Cut,

when moving off those spots you come to the real Fun Part of Life, which in PC for most part runs around the Carwashs, or as every Saturday Night at the Plaza de Genaro in Veron/Veron Crossing.

but you nshould get used to the Area and it's people little by little first before hitting all whats out there.

have fun

Mike

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Ana-Marie,

Mike is right - if you can survive the CarWash - you can survive anything !! LOL

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

thanks guys ....will defo be checking out the carwash

I am a seasoned Dominican Travelier and have been to many off the beaten track clubs/dicos ....and i'm still standing lol ... i am very well aware that these places are not what ur average tourist would expect/ look for but i ain't ya average tourist, i'm a local in disguise (well thats wot i get regularly called when over there ) lol :-)

Can any one tell me roughly how far the Carwash is from GBP and the cost in a taxi...... in pesos as don't use dollars when there :-)

Thanks again for all ya help guys

Ana Maria

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Ana-Marie

It is about 20 minutes by taxi - figure on a cost of $15 one way - the car wash is basically across the street from the Texaco gas station in Fruisa, which you will pass on your way to the Bahia resort.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Out Dancing in PC.???..not the usual places please

Hi Ann Marie,

As others stated carwash and another you might like is the Shop & Drink. It is in the corner of a building complex that has some stores, restaurants,etc. There is an outdoor terrace a little stage and good music.

You basically go into the store buy your alcohol (local prices of course) and then go on the terrace or they have waiters to take your order.

Shop & Drink is just up the road from the Mangu.

A place we go to but I really would not recommend it to you unless your going with a local is in the Bavaro Plaza (My profile pic) a few min walk from Bavaro Princess. It is a local place that is kinda one big square outside infront of the shopping plaza. Big beers (quarts are 3$. Why I would not recommend it going alone because it appears to be a sketchy place one section is where the working girls are, then locals, then tourisrs, resort workers, then back section appears to be the drug dealers but I have had some great times there and we go back each time were in PUJ.