We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

11 posts
Save Topic
Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Has anyone had any luck with this?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

have not seen that on the forum

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Priceline is a purchasing agent, you name your price and they try and secure it for you, my daughter used it for hotels in the USA, with little success.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Ive used hotwire with huge savings. Will not hesitate to use priceline or hotwire.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

I've used it for hotels and rental cars in the US with tremendous success, but have had less success using it for air travel. If you're not particular about the resort you end up with, you will most likely get a great deal. I'm guessing you can choose a "star level" or some other sort of qualifier, when you make your bid? There used to be a very helpful site called something like bidforless.com.... but I can't find it now. I just googled "how to bid on priceline" and got a ton of hits. If you investigate that, you'll likely find which resorts are coming up, in the various categories, and can make a more educated bid....

Best of luck! And please, tell us how it turns out. I may go that way, next time I plan a PC trip.

Pooz.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Do you bid for the air/hotel package? Or just hotel?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

On this one, I would tend to think bidding for hotel alone would be best. Priceline can do some whacky things with air bookings. I've not had good luck with it. For instance, I used it to book travel to my sister in Indiana, from the NY-NJ metro area (I may have specified Newark airport). Nonstop, it's about a 90-1:20 flight. They booked me in such a way that it was about 10 hours travel time, with ridiculous connections and layovers. That works fine, if you have no particular schedule... don't need to be at your destination at any set time. But, for most of us, we don't have that sort of flexibility. I had booked a morning flight, to get to IN for... I don't recall.... some performance or event of my niece's that evening. And, I didn't make it.

So, unless you are ok with ridiculous flights and connections and extended travel time, I would be hesitant to book air. Stick with hotel only. IMHO.

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Yikes, what a nightmare! I think that would destroy any relaxation from being in Punta Cana, lol

11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Sorry I should have clarified my original post. I realize that the flight aspect of the "name your own price" can be horrendous, my flights are already booked. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the name your price on all inclusives. Priceline has a "resort" selection on their ratings which is comprised of these 7 places:

Melia Caribe Tropical

The Hard Rock

Punta Cana Club and Resort (not all inclusive)

Paradisus Punta Cana resort

Paradisus Palma Real Golf and resort (not all inclusive)

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma real

Im assuming you would get one of these listed above I just dont want to end up at one of the non-all inclusive places.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,076 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

That's a heck of a range. Hard Rock is about 1500 rooms, and Zoetry is about 50. Completely different experiences.

Mark

11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Priceline name your price for all inclusives?

Actually, upon a little further research they do have name your price that guarantees you an all inclusive. They have name your price from 2 star all inclusive's all the way up to 4 plus stars..