We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rant of the day, Air Transat

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rant of the day, Air Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 18:05
1. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 21:42
Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,797 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

You are at the whims of the airlines, they can change flights whenever it is convenient for them.

Nobody ever said that they were fair, you must read the fine print....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

Doesn't matter which airline. They do as they please. My AC flight for next year was changed from 6:30 AM to 3:45 PM. I've travelled enough to know that I book based on price now, not flight times.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

Margadagio, when are you travelling next year, and when did you find out your flight got changed?

I too have a flight booked through AC.

Dominican, I agree you pay more for what you want and they take away without any reimbersement, just doesn't sound right.

Cheers to all

Belle River, Canada
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Don't remember which airline. I said I would never pay extra again for the earlier flight but I still do anyways. Thankfully it has never happened again but I always worry about it.

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

I refuse to beleive that they won't reimburse you. How far have you pushed it? Did you ask for a Supervisor or Manager at the call centre.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

fiestygirl, I booked on Sunday for a flight to Samana next Oct. Two days later the flight is changed. All flights south with AC, come next July, are changed.

notkevin, they absolutely do not reimburse you for a time change within 24 hours of your original booking time. If you loose and entire day then yes you'll get a pittance for your troubles.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

We had the same problem with Sunwing a few years back, we booked a morning flight instead of the afternoon flight and then got bumped to the later flight...our TA fought for us and they did compensate us for losing a whole day of vacation by allowing us to fly home on a differant date, so we got the extra day...no harm in fighting for what you believe is right....

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

Read the terms and conditions in the brochure - especially under "Changes to Travel Services by Transat". It may help you in your plight. I have been there on numerous occasions and did receive a favourable outcome. Speak to the supervisors, not the customer service reps.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 16:07
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,684 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rant of the day, Air Transat

I see the OP point though, she paid EXTRA for a certain flight time when she could of chosen the latter time at no extra cost... if this is indeed the case then I would at least try to push that aspect of it to Air Transat.