We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambar email info & other questions

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
211 posts
275 reviews
Save Topic
Ambar email info & other questions

Yipee Ambar in February! Fourth time, can't wait. But been away for a couple of years.

I am looking for email and contact people for room requests and dining a la cartes.

When will the new asian restaurant open, and what is its name? Will it be different from Maiko?

Do they do paella on Ambar beach or at Ambar pool? Which day?

Any other pool or beach activities to remember?

Which night is Vendor night?

Anything else new?

NC
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Can't answer your questions because I have not been there yet but I will be going in February as well. I have questions about the restaurants and wonder if anyone knows where I can find a map of where each is located and menus so I know what each serves. Is it true that the buffet serves King Crab one night a week? Sorry to butt in on your questions but I thought we could get a lot answered on this one thread. Thanks for any help on the Ambar.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Don Pablo and the buffet are located in the lobby area of the resort. ( front) and El Olivio and Portofino are located along the beach from which also has a breakfast an lunch snack bar. I ate at Don Pablo and I recommend the lobster, Filet Migon and salmon, and from Pizza to beef , lasagna to fish I found I liked everything at the Portofino. After a few comments from others I didn't try the Olivio restaurant . I found all the good here very good.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 20:48
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Email advance dining requests to: Leonardo Astacio at: gerenterrppbpamb@bahia-principe.com

Email room requests to: Albania Batista at: asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com

Send 7-to-10 days prior to arrival. Include your tour operator's name & booking number.

The new Asian a la carte at the Esmeralda is called "Takara".

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,252 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

CTRTeach...

As a guest at the Ambar on three previous occasions you qualify for VIP status - which for the Ambar is a "black wristband" - please be sure to provide the details of your previous Ambar visits to Albania in your email her to her for your room "requests", to the address provided Destination Expert "Travelpro" above.

The new Asian a la carte (Takara) is indeed open. There is paella on the beach at the Ambar but I do not recall which day it is - if you check with Guest Services staff at the Ambar when you check in (you will pick up your a la carte reservation receipts from there desk right after you check in), they will certainly be able to advise you. Double check on the vendors night as I recall it being Friday evening just below the Tropicana Theatre - keep in mind, that there are local vendors with their carts of products at the Pueblo Principe every day/night as well.

In your Welcome Package that you will receive when checking in, there is a listing of all activities at the Ambar and at all of the other 4 Bahia resorts as well - it covers the activities at the beach, pool, lobby, theatre etc..

The Ambar now has waiter service at the pool and beach now, as well as there being a professional tennis coach available ($) at the tennis courts, and a personal trainer at the Ambar gym ($)

There is also a new beach snack bar at the Esmeralda that you may also use. As a guest of the Ambar you may use all of the facilities at the Esmeralda with the exception of their 2 main buffets - that includes the Esmeralda pools and lobby bars, should you desire.

ncdogmom,

Here is the link to the brand new map of the Bahia resorts - the Ambar is in the top right corner and the Legend is at the bottom of the map itself.

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

The crab legs are offered at the Thursday evening "Gala Night" at the lobby buffet - along with grilled shrimp, lobster, fish etc., Always a good idea to bring a set of crackers and picks for the crabs leg with you from home.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 27 December 2012, 06:00
Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
211 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Thanks to all

NC
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Thank you so much for all the GREAT information! You will find me Thursday at Gala Night at the Buffet. I LOVE my crab legs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Could someone please tell me the contact e-mail for restaurant pre-bookings for guests staying at the Ambar?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,252 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

KMonette

Welcome to the Punta Cana forums.

The information you are inquiring about, is in post #3 above.

Hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Hahaha, thanks Brooklin! I must be blind today.

NC
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ambar email info & other questions

Brooklin I just have 1 more question for you. How far in advance can I book the restaurants that I want to eat at? I know that travelpro said 7 to 10 days but does the hotel accept reservations earlier than that? I would hate to miss out on the places that I want to eat at because they were already booked. Also, can you eat at the same place more than once? Thanks for your help.