We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin swim

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin swim

Best company to book with for swimming with dolphns. Staying at Be Live Grand Bavaro. Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,771 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin swim

Hi

Can I politely ask you to Google swimming with dolphins to see how cruel it is to keep these wonderful fellow mammals in captivity

Thank you

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin swim

Dolphin explorer.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin swim

Google swimming with dolphins to see how cruel it is....

Not recommended by me.......

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin swim

While I understand and agree with you... it is still going on and I dont know how we can stop it... so if a child wants to do this what do I do?? I just want to know the best place IF we do this.. Sorry if I offfended anyone.... and obviously I did..

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin swim

As a parent or adult figure in a child's life you can set an example and teach the child that cruelty to animals is wrong whether it goes on or not! Don't take part in something that encourages it.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin swim

Hi Nancy J.... If you agree it's wrong then you shouldn't be allowing your child to do it. You asked how to stop it, one big way is to not support it. If like you said you agree that it is wrong, then you should be teaching your children the reason why it is wrong... I'm not saying it's wrong or right, just going by your response. Cheers

7. Re: Dolphin swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 15:13
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin swim

Gemccart ,

Nancy did not ask her question/start this topic to run a green peace campaign nor to Free Willy, she simply asked a questio on a travelbord and should not get taken downhill for that.

I accept that many people do not like the Dolphin/Animal Shows, I am MYSELOF one of them, but that does not mean that i bash everyone who is fine with those shows.

hey,

Seaworld and others around the globe have millions of visitors per month, year around, so i guess there is a clientel which is quiet fine with that.

if we don´t like it we should just not answer to it, but who likes it has the right of every bordmember to ask his/her questions about it here on the bord.

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin swim

Mike - the problem is, many people don't realize how cruel it is / can be. If people don't mention it, then how do people learn?

The OP says she doesn't like it - and asks what can be done tho. The answer is not supporting it financially, and educating the child who wants to do it that animal welfare is more important than their own enjoyment (and how, depends on the age of a child) Perhaps an alternate outing, such as snorkelling, where you can see sealife in the wild might be a good compromise. Or a boat trip (not sure if offered in PC) to see dolphins swimming in the wild.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphin swim

Well said Mike

RobandLisa