We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book (and how far in advance) with kids?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book (and how far in advance) with kids?

Looking to return to Punta Cana this year with the kids (ages 9 and 7).

Every AI vacay prior to this has been adults-only trips (and therefore adults-only resorts) and we've also done last-minute type deals.

With the kids, however, I know we'll have to be a little bit pickier with both resort and when we go (do NOT want to go during school holiday so planning to go during the school year, so will need to give advance notice to teachers/school).

So the best time of the year to go where it won't be too busy? And hopefully not too expensive as we'll be paying for FOUR people this time rather than our usual two :P

And how far in advance should I book to get a good deal?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book (and how far in advance) with kids?

Beginning of November is one of our most-favorite times of year in Punta Cana!

Great prices, great weather, less crowds!

Remember the old adage, "The early bird gets the worm".

Most tour operators have a best-price guarantee option which will refund you the difference should the price of your package decrease after booking!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book (and how far in advance) with kids?

We were at the Iberostar Bavaro with our son the first week of December and it was not very busy and seemed to be more reasonably priced than Christmas/March Break. We just decided to go in mid November and booked about 3 weeks before the trip. I have only been to PC in either Nov/Dec/Feb/Mar/April - have read on here that Sep/Oct/early Nov are the least busy and more reasonably priced times of the year to go. For our upcoming March break trip, we actually booked in August - which is a lot earlier than we usually book, but it is an 11 day trip and I was afraid of it selling out (which did happen).

Most people would suggest that you book once you've found a trip that meets your needs (price/resort/flights etc) - sometimes you can wait for a deal that never happens.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 19:43
3. Re: Best time to book (and how far in advance) with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 03:17