We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

Florida
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

There is a difference of a few hundred dollars between the two. So I was wondering why???

Here's something about us...We are active young 40's couple We don't have kids, but like a lively atmosphere...not necessarily party..but not dull.

We are active pool people.. you won't see us reading books on a lounger...we're playing pool volleyball and snorkelling.

We will get a club room for the adults only aspect. But, I'm not sure the extra money for Elegance is worth it???? HELP

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
734 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

I think the biggest difference is the Elegance is slightly newer and has a larger club section. I have not stayed at the Colonial but we loved the elegance. The animation team is very active if you are wanting pool activities. I think the Colonial may get more kids just because of the smaller club section, but other than that I don't think you will see a huge difference!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

Also note that the Club sections are a little more laid back - we usually do just lay back reading books on a lounger. There are no pool activities at the Club pools. So if you want the active pool scene you will probably be at the main pool where children are allowed.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

jw--I think the new Colonial Club is half the rooms of the resort. Elegance Club is also about half the rooms of the resort. MC has more rooms overall, but it's not that huge a difference in #s.

Overall ME is newer, but the Colonial Club areas and even room furniture are all new as of November.

Still, I think MC main pool is more active than ME main pool. I'm not sure how the new club has changed this as we were down there the first few weeks that MC Club was opened so it hadn't settled into a typical routine yet.

Both are lovely. Decor-wise, for MC think terra cotta and for ME think beige marble.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

Hey Desi! Getting really excited here! Looks like I will be back at the ME in 12 days! Sent a few reminders off to Jordi!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

Glad to here the good news Sackie. Hope all continues well with you know who. A "few" reminders? Don't become a "pest" before you even get back there. HaHa Very excited for you. That less than 2 week countdown goes fast! Lucky you.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
880 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

I can echo the previous comments. I got married at the Majestic Colonial in 2010 (before they had a club section) and then stayed in Majestic Elegance Club in 2012. Club life at the pool and the beach seemed very quiet/sedate . I'd think that Colonial Club would be the same. So you're going to the main pools in either resort for volleyball.

We found the Colonial to be a bit more lively in the evenings than Elegance though the lobby bar seemed much bigger at Elegance. I sort of wish they'd just made the Elegance all Adult/Club and left Colonial as it was - so you'd have more of a distinction between the resorts.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

I agree with gnrd. The Club pools were so relaxing and quiet. I ended up reading three books!!! Across from the Club pool was the regular pool and they played loud music, had games and contests one day, BBQ another day...seemed like a much more lively area.

8. Re: Majestic Colonial vs Elegance??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 04:17