We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Punta Cana

Cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Punta Cana

Hi,

We are going at Easter & are staying at Tortuga Bay, it looks amazing but I'm a little worried that we've made the wrong choice as we have a 4 & 7 year old but too late now :-(

Has anyone stayed here with young children before ? They like to play with other kids so I'm a little worried they'll be bored with just us!

Can anyone recommend some nice restaurants near us? Are children welcomed in the restaurants ? They are good kids and will behave!

Thanks

Cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

bump

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

I'm afraid there probably aren't a lot of people on this forum that have been to Tortuga Bay, since it's so expensive. Try their website: www.puntacana.com/accommodations/tortuga-bay for dining options.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,418 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

Hi

You may want to send a PM to the people who have recently posted reviews of the property

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147293-d6111…

Cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

Thanks for your responses

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

your children are very welcome at each of the restaurnats around Tortuga Bay/Punta Cana Resort&Club/Cap Cana. you have a good number of Top Restaurants in the vicinity of Tortuga Bay and you are visiting the only private Beachmiles of the dominican eastcoast, perfect powderwhite sand on supercalm turquois shimmering waters.

have a fantastic stay

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

What about the children thing, Mike? Will her children be bored?

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

as i don't know those guests children i can't comment on such.

our Boys and the Baby Gal had more than once a blast on exactly that Beach, without many or even any other children around, as they enjoyed their "Own" Beach and the fact that nobody around interfered the same as Mom and Dad.

Tortuga Bay is def no Kiddies Club typical children resort, but the villas are booked quiet often by Families with children who want to enjoy Family time together at the own pool and beachstretch without a Animation Team around.

for the Hotelanimated entertainment of course a lifely family resort like the countless available AI resorts should be considered, but it is by far not the same service level/quality for the Parents then, 2 very different worlds, it depends what a visitor really wants as a Must have/must get.

both variations make for a fantastic stay, for each on his/her comfort zone level/preferences.

happy travels

Mike

Cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

Many thanks, that puts my mind at rest! We want to have some time together as a family chilling, my boys will be company for each other. I was just worried they wouldn't be welcomed in the restaurants as I want them to come out us at night so that makes me more comfortable.

We usually holidaying Europe so was feeling a little out of my comfort zone!

Thanks

henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

Good luck Karen...I think they are going to see the beach and make their own entertainment. Enjoy!

10. Re: First Trip to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 05:19