We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gbppc lobster

quebec
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
gbppc lobster

Is there lobster at any of the restaurant at grand bahia principe punta cana section.

thanks

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gbppc lobster

Every Thursday throughout all the main buffets at the Gran Bahia complex (including your Punta Cana section) is the Gala Seafood Buffet.

Grilled halves of warm water, clawless Caribbean Spiny Lobster are part of that gala event. (But their cold water, clawed cousins that you can get up north are far-superior!)

The Punta Cana section also has the El Pescador seafood restaurant which does feature an entree containing lobster and your gourmet a la carte also features a preparation containing this crustacean as well.

Hope this helps!

Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gbppc lobster

As TravelPro has mentioned, it is a different Lobster than you would get off the Coast of Maine, NS and Newfoundland. It is not as good (my opinion anyway). Also, they do not boil it, they grill it. It is a totally different experience. A lot of people on here have said they liked it but I didn't find it very good. Everything else was fine.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gbppc lobster

It is good but to me it is not Lobster - just a different kind of seafood. I would not stand in a long buffet line just to get one that's for sure. But when it is on a menu as a main dish I do order it at least once.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gbppc lobster

Yeah, it can get pretty dry when it's grilled. If you can get it steamed, that helps. I enjoy it, but as pointed out, it isn't a patch on cold water lobster.

Mark

N. Atlanta
Level Contributor
879 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gbppc lobster

My mom grew up on the Coast of Maine so I'm used to the delicious red cold water lobsters. I don't care for the caribbean lobster, to me the meat is mushy. My father in law loves them however, he grew up in Cuba though. All what you are used to!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gbppc lobster

Serge....

No doubt it cannot compare to east coast lobster - I ask the chef for a small bowl of hot melted melted butter and dip the lobster meat into that - just like I do here at home ..... certainly adds moisture back to the meat and I love the flavour - just a thought for you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

quebec
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: gbppc lobster

thank you all for the help

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
459 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gbppc lobster

What makes the Seafood Gala buffet not to be missed (knowing that I am an East Coaster)....what would be the must haves? do they have oysters? ie Rockefeller

Thanks

9. Re: gbppc lobster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 07:18