We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The RST by Palladium Prices?

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
The RST by Palladium Prices?

We've been watching everyday for prices to drop, because im my experience going to Cuba for years, the prices always dropped in January, but we've been watching this hotel and it's prices for a while now and nothing has changed.

I'm wondering if people could share their prices in the past?

or if anyone knows if it doesn't drop ? maybe some hotels just don't drop, again comparing to Cuba, because Cuba is cheaper and different.

I always noticed about a week into Feb, prices would start going up daily.

Any insight would be great.

Right now, it's sitting around $1,200 per person for 7 days.

It's been this price for a while though.

Thank you for any info!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

Last minute price drops are not what they used to be. It would seem booking far in advance, to take advantage of early booking bonus and price protection, is the new savings strategy.

If I could get RST for $1200/person for a week, I would jump at it. But, prices here from the east coast are higher.

Happy travels.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

As they get closer to capacity, prices will likely increase as well. Don't get bit by the "i waiting to long bug" and regret not booking sooner. If it does drop, it won't be more than a couple bucks. Book now, don't wait. We will be there in June. When are you looking to go?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

The RST is pretty popular. It's not likely prices will come down and more likely they will rise as the high season progresses.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

the RST prices rarely come down, for 1200$ per person I would grab it! where are you flying from and when are you going??

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

PAJoebo We're getting married June1st, so Im looking at eithter the monday or tuesday right after. Right now, it looks like if we wait til the tuesday we'll save almost 400! What date are you going?

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

sukie63on - we're going in june, flying out of toronto ontario, into punta cana

:D im so excited haha

is june even busy? I was told it was |low season"

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

I'm going the 3rd to 10th. June is the biggest month for weddings

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

it is low season but the tour companies also have less flights going to PC and other sun destinations at these times. it is still a decent price for the royal suites turquesa. who are you booking with? check out breakawayonline.ca as they are in Oshawa ( i see you are i Coburg) if you call them VS booking on line they will discount trips over 500$ but not west jet and the discount is about 4%

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,009 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

I have found that sometimes it's low occupancy in the first week or so of June, but it picks up a week or two later. Still not packed or anything.

I just noticed that Royal Suites Turquesa went up in price over the last couple of days - for June. Have you tried getting a price directly from the resort? RST is sometimes cheaper direct, and you likely won't have to pay until close to when you go, so you can always cancel if a better price comes along.

Mark

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The RST by Palladium Prices?

Well, I just actually found on westjet's website what appears to be an amazing price, because originally we wanted 10 days, but on all the travel sites I found, it was about 4500, and we didn't feel comfortable with that...but i just happen to think to check westjet itself, and found a 10 day, for only 3200!!!!!!!

Does that seem like a steal? Because on the other sites, for 7 days, it would have totaled almost 2800, so only 400 more for 10 days?!!

MHEATH1964 - ive never done that, what about flights etc?

PAJoebo!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY that's the same dates as us!!!!!!!!!! Oh yay ! lol