We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excellence punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thompson, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
excellence punta cana

does anyone know if there are wait times at the restraunts on this resort as there are no reservations

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excellence punta cana

It depends on what time you go to the restaurant, and how busy the resort is. At 6:30, I've never had to wait. At 7:30, you might have to wait 10 to 20 minutes (usually not), but they give you a beeper and you can go have a drink at one of the bars. I was there for 10 days last June, and there was never a wait.

Mark

Thompson, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excellence punta cana

thanks mark but june don't seem like a heavy torrist time to be in punta cana anyone been there in January and febuary know about the restraunts wait times?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excellence punta cana

I've been there when they were at 90% capacity. Same thing. They have 8 restaurants, so they adjust based on occupancy.

Mark

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excellence punta cana

Are those restaurants at Excellence open late? We like to do a late dinner then do the night time activities right after.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excellence punta cana

All of the restaurants are open until 10:30pm, except The Grill and the Lobster House, which are open until 11:00pm, and Oregano (pizza, pasta, calzones) which is open until 2:00am.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,892 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excellence punta cana

You can experience wait times at the more popular restaurants when occupancy is higher or even at peak times when occupancy is lower

One tip is to try and avoid a restaurant which has been closed the previous evening

Edited: 10 January 2013, 10:50
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: excellence punta cana

The only one we had any wait for was the French restaurant. We went down I'd guess around 7.30/8 ish each night. We found the service leisurely (slow would be pejorative, and it certainly wasn't an issue in any way) so we found if we sat down around 8 by the time we finished it was time for the show - so if you want to catch the show I wouldn't recommend dinner later than around 8.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: excellence punta cana

We eat pretty early,around 6 or 7 o'clock and we didn't wait that long

Jon

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: excellence punta cana

We were there in February last year and we only had to wait a few times. Both times we went to the Spice restaurant we had to wait (it was popular) and we went around 8pm. First time was about 15 mins and the second time it was about 25mins, but we just had a drink outside and waited for the beeper to go off, no big deal!

10. Re: excellence punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:18