We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

I am looking at Punta Cana packages with air, and the price for 2 adults and 2 children (one teenager, and one toddler) for 9 nights at Paradisus Punta Cana is $5,300, but it is $7,200 to Paradisus Palma Real, and $7,400 to Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Can someone who had been to both properties explain the difference in price? Is one hotel much better? How so?

A couple of points that would be helpful in advising us:

1) Calm beach that is safe for swimming with toddler plus availability of palapas on the beach without the need to get up early to "reserve" them is important.

2) Kids club is not important - our baby will be too young.

3) Active Animation Team to keep the teen participating in activities.

4) Shows at night - teen loves attending those while the toddler loves to dance to live music, so a band in the lobby after dinner would be a huge plus.

5) Restaurants -- generally, I hate the idea of making reservations to any of them. So looking for no-hassle experience in attending non-buffets (not a fan of buffets). I also would like to have non-buffet options at lunch.

6) Spacious rooms are important obviously since we have 2 children.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,440 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Given your demographics, wants, & needs, neither Paradisus would be our top recommendation for you. But to answer your concerns, the price difference is chiefly because the Palma Real is their newest property and has many more features. It also has alittle calmer surf conditions. And if their Reserve section is just an additional $200 to upgrade, that is a bargain! But to be fair, their Punta Cana property is on one of the most-fabulous beach fronts in the area.

We would suggest you check-out the Grand Palladium complex as an alternative. It offers one of the best activity programs for kids, teens, or adults and features no reservation required, unlimited a la carte dining, a great beachfront, and lots of accomodations options. Families can stay at one and enjoy all three sections without restrictions. You might be interested in one of the "loft" suites in their Palace section...

As another alternative, look into the Dreams LaRomana resort in the Bayahibe region, which is actually on the Caribbean an hour south of Punta Cana.

Hope this helps! Happy Travels!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Thank you for your reponse, and the new choices that I now have to research.

After previous research on this board, Paradisus Palma Real was my first choice, but Paradisus Punta Cana that sounded like the sister resort just threw me off a bit... So is it a step down from Paradisus Palma Real? Not as nice?

I do not need organized activities for children as our toddler is too young to attend kids club, and the teen is too old for kids club - she was happy participating at regular activities led by animation team in Majestic Elegance and Majestic Colonial a year ago. But I do want lively atmosphere at night (shows, live music), and overall "nice"/luxurious at least to some extent - atmosphere with quality service/drinks/food.

I will google Palladium.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Also, calm beach and shade (bali beds/palapas that are by the pool and on the beach) are of paramount importance to me.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,440 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Here's a link for you:

palladiumaddict.net/dominican-republic-punta…

The Paradisus Punta Cana is an older, but well-maintained property. It simply lacks the newness and numerous accomodation options offered at the Palma Real. Otherwise it is a definately upscale property, well-deserving of Melia's "Paradisus Class Resort" designation. And has the same purveyors using the same available quality for food & beverages as the Palma Real.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Is Palladium equally upscale overall?

Could you compare Palladium vs Paradisus Punta Cana? Palladium resorts do seem very toddler and teen friendly.

Thank you!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,440 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

The Paradisus Palma Real is the more upscale property among them.

In a side-by-side comparison of Paradisus Punta Cana to Grand Palladium, it's pretty equal.

But the Palladium is the overall better resort for your kids! And if they're happy - you'll be happy!

Just sayin'...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

Happy wife, happy life (as my husband would tell you any day).

Just read the reviews for Paradisus Punta Cana, and they are scary. I tend to look for reviews that are well written by seasoned travelers (who often mention other properties they had visited in the past in comparison). And such reviews are disappointing for that resort. It is probably off my list.

About to look at Palladium reviews.

8. Re: Paradisus Punta Cana vs. Paradisus Palma Real

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:19