I am looking at Punta Cana packages with air, and the price for 2 adults and 2 children (one teenager, and one toddler) for 9 nights at Paradisus Punta Cana is $5,300, but it is $7,200 to Paradisus Palma Real, and $7,400 to Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.
Can someone who had been to both properties explain the difference in price? Is one hotel much better? How so?
A couple of points that would be helpful in advising us:
1) Calm beach that is safe for swimming with toddler plus availability of palapas on the beach without the need to get up early to "reserve" them is important.
2) Kids club is not important - our baby will be too young.
3) Active Animation Team to keep the teen participating in activities.
4) Shows at night - teen loves attending those while the toddler loves to dance to live music, so a band in the lobby after dinner would be a huge plus.
5) Restaurants -- generally, I hate the idea of making reservations to any of them. So looking for no-hassle experience in attending non-buffets (not a fan of buffets). I also would like to have non-buffet options at lunch.
6) Spacious rooms are important obviously since we have 2 children.