We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

I'm looking at both of these places for an upcoming trip. Which one would you choose? Positives/Negatives for both places?? Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,771 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

Hi Suzi

If it helps check out my review of Now Larimar which has a links to two large photo albums of the resort which should give you a great feel for it

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

I'll do that flipflop_ man.....Thanks so much!

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

So...can anyone give me any feedback on Iberostar Bavaro?

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

I've had clients that swear by it.

Maybe post what it is exactly you're looking for. Like things you want or don't want. That might help some of the regulars on here to help make a decision :)

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

So...can anyone give me any feedback on Iberostar Bavaro?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,857 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

No comparison in food quality...Iberostar by a long shot. Same for consistency and attention to detail...Iberostar.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
495 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

Havent Stayed at the Now Larimar but have done a tour

of the property, and Stayed right beside the resort in a

Condo for a month. Stayed at the IB Bavaro 9 times

and as far as food, beach ect , i personally think the

IB Bavaro is a much better choice. Agree Totally with

Vienemo.. Cheers Tim..

Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

My husband and I enjoy a fun, yet relaxing resort where you can drink at the pool bar or relax on the beach. We don't participate in the animation team activities but we enjoy watching them. For us, quality food with variety and reasonably good drinks is a must! We like a la carte dining, but a good buffet satisfies us as well. We enjoy going to see the night shows no matter how cheesy they are and we enjoy a good disco. And Vienemo, I was leaning towards Iberostar because I stayed at an Iberostar in Cuba and like it a lot. My husband and I have stayed at bigger as well as smaller resorts. I don't mind walking or taking a trolley here and there, but I don't generally enjoy a huge resort. Do a lot of families go to Iberostar Bavaro? I don't mind kids, but I'd rather not go to a place that caters primarily to families and where I'll be tripping over little people...A good mix of clientele....couples, singles, families, young/old is fine with me...

London
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

can only speak about Iberostar in general as all the resorts I've been to excluding one are two were the Iberostar chain...as Mike said, very consistent and great great service on all fronts. Checking both resorts ratings might give you an idea as well...

which one did you stay at in Cuba?

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now Larimar or Iberostar Bavaro....

Maybe the Iberostar Grand then? It gives you the other resorts to hang at if you'd like, but the grand section is adults only