We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, Ontario...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Is it just me (can't seem to find the thread) or did the heated thread 'sick as a dog and then some' suddenly get yanked from the forum?

I can't recall the author (from Thunder Bay?) but the post was about her husband getting violently ill two days into their trip and that he had a horrible time recovering (2 trips to emerg) once back at home. The discussion that followed included theories that he may have already been sick with something (incubating) prior to the trip, or contracted something on the plane ride down. Another poster (from Ottawa?) mentioned a nasty illness in Northern Ontario making the rounds...sinus infection which works itself down into your gastro and can take weeks for a full recovery.

TravelingMomClev, MrsSmith, bms1974, VancouverPimp, Africandaisy - I think you all were posters on the thread and may have been the last ones to see it before it disappeared - did you ever find out which PC resort the couple stayed at, or if doctors ever fully concluded what exactly his illness was?

Bethlehem, PA
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Sure enough, the post is gone. I guess it started to stir up a little too much controversy. Seems like you have a photographic memory though! LOL!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Hey George you're right. The original post was from cannucker. Think the last time I saw it was last night around 8:00 p.m. and no neither the hotel name nor the illness was on there at that time. Why would that one be removed when there are so many others about illness?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Funny guess someone did not like the answers they were getting.

But no the person never would where they stayed.

But boy some people were starting to get nasty so maybe someone finally put something it that got it pulled.

It was prob a Riu hotel. No one is denying that they had a problem. And hopefully by now even those hotels have things cleaned up. They are supposed to start taking reservations again on the 15th.

Ajax, Ontario...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Sorry, I shouldn't have written "PC resort" but "Dominican Republic resort". I think cannucker's post only mentioned that they had stayed in the Dominican Republic, and did not specify a region, town or resort.

Apparently my memory is not that photographic ;)

Milano, Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Because there was an italian poster writing. Pure discrimination! (just joking)

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Good one Tizi...maybe it was BMS1974. Haven't seen him around today.

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

I think someone doesn't like me...many threads in which I post get deleated...I guess I just have that effect on people! The poster never specified anything really just that she was in DR got home...her husband got sick...blamed it on a cook who didn't wash his hands.....

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What happened to the post 'sick as a dog and then some'?

Hey BMS good to hear from you. You know you're going to get "sick as a dog and then some" down there don't you? ha ha ha. Too bad you're not going when sundolphin is!