We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

Looking at booking a week's stay at the end of Feb. but can't decide between these 3:

Iberostar Punta Cana, Melia Caribe, or Gran Bahia Esmerelda

They are all within 100 or so dollars of each other, so I'm really stuck as to which one to pick. Is there anything you can think of that would help swing my decision to any 1 of these 3?

Hamilton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
556 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

How many people are you traveling with? Are you traveling with children? What kind of resort amenities are important to you?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

Just 4 adults travelling. We like a good beach to walk, nice pool, good food and drinks, not too fussy about rooms as long as they're clean. Would rather not have to take a tram to the beach - a short walk (under 5 minutes) is ok though. A bonus would be to have waves to play in the ocean, but that's not a deal-breaker if there isn't.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

Oh, and to add to the above list - if there is somewhere to listen to live music in the evening, that would also be on my wish list too.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

Hi,

I cannot comment on any of those however I have stayed at the grand bahia ambar which is within the bahia complex and the esmeralada is next door. We met friends on vacation whom stayed previously at the esmeralda. We loved the ambar so much we are going back over easter. It was within our budget, and we loved the private beach. The esmeralada shares the family friendly beach with the other resorts outside of the ambar. Plus side is beautiful grounds, great food, service etc. And if you are looking for no or a lot of entertainment just hop the tram to the PC resort I believe that is where they have the shows. Either way enjoy your trip wherever you go!

Terry

5. Re: Can't Decide on a Resort - help between the 3 please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 05:17