We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

Looking to travel back to Punta Cana in either late Nov or Dec of this year.

Many of the tour operators don't seem to be booking that far ahead (when you plug in those dates online it'll say it's not available and ask you to pick the next available date -- which right now is either Oct or early Nov).

But I also notice that at the travel agencies the specific tour operator catalogs/brochures are for the current 2012/2013 season, which in most of the brochures runs from Nov 2012 to Oct 2013.

So when do the brochures for 2013/2014 come out? And is that when booking should be available for that time of the year?

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

Usually August time frame.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

I'm finding the same problems Learning. Even the Trip Advisor room search doesn't go in to mid December right now. Expedia, Opodo and Travelocity are the same. I've got brochures for the main tour ops but most of the resorts don't come up in their search results either.

Frustrating ain't it?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
768 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

I don't do brochures, too old school for me. Online searches are way more up to date.

Try tripcentral.ca. They have bookings available up until Dec. 18.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

Cannot remember the last time I used brochure

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

the tour companies have not finished finalizing the contracts, so that is why you cant find prices for those dates, until the tour companies know how many rooms they will have in each resort they carry you wont find any prices. I am looking for early Oct and while I can see some prices, all too high, I dont see any for air transat ( who I would prefer to fly with)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
768 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

There are lots of prices for those dates. You just have to know where to look.

A random search shows YYZ to Dreams Punta Cana departing Oct. 11 for $1511 flying with Air Transat. There are many Air Transat packages to be found.

I agree prices are too high. In fact, I always find prices months in advance to be way too high, which is why I'm a last-minute junkie.

7. Re: Nov/Dec vacation and brochures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 07:17