We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takara at the Esmeralda

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
Level Contributor
630 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Takara at the Esmeralda

Looking forward to our trip t-14 days! We are wondering how the Takara restaurant is and what is on the menu!! Should we book this restaurant for one night of our stay?

Mostly interested as to what is on the menu.

Thanks!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

No menus have been uploaded to the Gran Bahia web site yet.

It is an Asian themed venue, and supposedly does not have any similarity to the menus at the (2) on-site Japanese themed venues, the Maiko & the Mikado.

Why not request to dine there and be among the first to experience it! If you don't like it, there's always the buffet!

Have a great trip!

Long Island
Level Contributor
630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

Hopefully somebody has been there and can give some insight! We are going with a group so I just want to give everyone a heads up to see if they want to try it. I will most certainly try it and let everyone know what it is all about.

Anyone been yet???

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

Yes, hopefully someone that has eaten there recently can post and perhaps they may have taken a photo of the menu. We are headed back in April and are going to book a night there the first week and if we like it, will book another night the following week. I can't remember if it was a post or a review, but the poster rated it very high. 79 days and counting!

Travelpro, it always seems to take forever for the Bahia to upload or update on their website for some reason.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 15:02
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

DDF:

You are so correct!

But it only took them like 30 seconds to add "Luxury" to the names of the Ambar & Esmeralda complexes when the home office decided it was time for a new image!

Go figure...

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

I couldn't agree with your moreTravelpro, they should really concentrate on updating their website so that when people book online directly through them (or just those wishing for further information), they have the most up to date information. While I love the Bahia, that irks me somewhat. But, having said that, we have all these wonderful people here to provide us with the information we require.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 17:10
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

pulleyman,

Here is a link to a discussion in the Topic "Live from the Ambar" - - check out post #30 & #33 - gives a bit more insight into what to expect at the "Takara" a la carte - sounds very nice !.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k60582…

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 25 January 2013, 17:15
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

DDF/Travelpro,

Having a few websites myself, I must say, it can be a daunting and time consuming task to keep these up to date, so I think I have an idea as to what they are going through with their site - but, it still an important necessity for it to be done.

I got to the point, where I could not keep up with the changes any longer on our own company sites and now have a person dedicated to doing just that - thank goodness !!

The Bahia now has a Technology Manager, Jhon Torres, who hopefully will be over seeing all the on line changes they are doing - some of which I have seen now, but the "Takara" sure sounds good and would love to see more of it soon.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

8. Re: Takara at the Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 05:18