We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Punta Cana?

MI
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing in Punta Cana?

We are going to the Princess Bavaro All Suites on Feb 9. My brother in law and myself were talking about the possibilities of fishing in Punta Cana. Anybody have any experience or recomendations to offer? Thank you in advance.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

The activity kiosk at your resort will have various fishing excursions to purchase.

Definately check-out this site as well:

http://www.mikesmarina.info/

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

i've had the pleasure of fishing with www.mikesmarina.info/ .. I thoroughly enjoyed myself :-)

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

I would highly recommend Mike's Marina, as above. You will need to book it before you go though. Check out the web page. My husband had an awesome day !!!!

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

Mike's Marina for sure!

Quality equipment and great crew!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

I'm a bit of the fraiddypants, when it comes to the open sea, but we are considering booking a trip with Mike's Marina for this May!

Sheryl

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

BABB4-you are now my official HERO - you go girl.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

rock5502,

Throw in my vote for Mike Fisher at Mikes Marina - excellent boats, gear and staff.

http://www.mikesmarina.info/

Plus, he picks you up right at your resort and return. You have the choice of a 4 hour charter or longer as well.

Mikes services are not available through your resort,- only through his site.

Have a wonderful time in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

BABB$,,

We are proud of you. Just make sure you get good sleep the night before and no late night partying - don't want you to have an upset stomach.

See if you can land a bigger wahoo than mine - whoops ! - that sounds like a bet and no betting for me !!

When you get one on those lines - it is so fantastic !!

Have fun !

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

Thems sound like fighting words John......LOL

I'll keep you posted!

Sheryl

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing in Punta Cana?

yes, book on time, most of february is of course already booked.

we run actually great on Sailfish, get Wahoo and of course our year around available Dorado/Mahi.

this week we also released the first 2 white Marlin of the year, their season starts to warm up after mid february usually, this year i await them to run in full swing starting with the first quarter moon (feb 17th) towards the Full Moon (feb 25th), then they stay til end July.

Sheryl,

May is one of the perfect time frames for Sports Fishing the Dominican East Coast off Cap Cana/Punta Cana, as we have during May a large variety of big game spezies present in quantities. we have then Sailfish, white Marlin, get the first smaller blue Marlin, Wahoo, Dorado/Mahi and others.

Sea conditions during May and June and July are usually the calmest of the year, very low to zero winds, the open Sea is beautiful when conditions are like on a flat calm Lake, like a big Bathtub, and you see from the Bridge the hunting Fishes coming up towards the Surface before they break the surface and strike, it is the time of the year when i get my best Fotos out of 'em.

happy fishing

Mike