We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip - many questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carolina Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute trip - many questions

I apologize in advance for having so many questions and not having done any homework yet

We have a few (kid-free!) days over spring break (March 25/26 - March 30) to escape SOMEWHERE! We were originally thinking Playa del Carmen but flights (from DC) were astronomical and not at convenient times. Found some pretty good deals to punta cana but I don't know much about the area. I don't want to be trapped at the resort - is it an area that is safe to walk around, with shops, other restaurants etc?

Is AI or non-AI better? Is there any good snorkeling in the area?

thanks so much!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip - many questions

Not a lot of snorkeling , cat royal has some off the beach, I understand it's kind of isolated though. The grand palladium properties are next to the village of el Corectio on the beach side and if you exit the resort at the main gate you can walk to the bavaro plaza and the punta Cana plaza ( I believe that is what is called)

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip - many questions

If you're going during Spring Break... Check the reviews from same time last year of any hotel you're thinking of..

Punta Cana is quickly becoming a Spring Break venue.. It would be a shame if you went hoping for a "Kids-free" break only to find the hotel you picked overun with a load of Juvenile Delinquents..

By checking the reviews you should be able to see if the hotel had any Spring Breakers for the dates you're going..

Sparky

3. Re: Last minute trip - many questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 06:17