We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Cat Roy loyals.

I've noticed that there quite a few people that frequent the Cat Royal and I was hoping that you guys could give me some of the main reasons that you love it so much.

We were down there summer of 011 and pretty much had a.good time but some issues give us reason to try elsewhere this year. I kind of want to give it another go but my wife is not too thrilled.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Good question. I am planning a return trip to PC for 2014. Stayed Ambar, wasn't trilled with service. It is now between Cat Royal and PCP. Really want to hear more about comparisons between the 2. PCP renos may be completed and that could be a deal breaker. Thanks folks. Leaving for Mazatlan in the morning!

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Off the top of my head...for us... first and foremost the 'ask and you shall receive' excellent service, the golf, no reservations for dinner, the quietness of the Royal side, with the ability to go next door for some 'noise'. I'm sure I'll think of more as I do my review.

ont.canada
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Glassgirl hit it right on the head. For me it's the service and the quietness. I will make no claims that its the best or fanciest resort in Punta Cana because it is not. But that being said, I feel very comfortable, safe, and taken care of when I'm there. Hope that helps. >TAT<

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Service is very good at the Cat Royal but I can say that with every other Hotel I've been to in the DR.

We have been to the Ambar a couple of times too and had no problem with service there either.

Not exactly sure what some mean by 'Service' anyway. If you order a meal or a drink then that's what you get and so on. But if you want your boots cleaned or your shirts ironed then you will have to pay extra.

snooks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

For me it's the genuine smiles on the staff. I know they are treated well. Love the overall ambience. The resort is just the right size. No fighting for loungers or shade. No dinner reservations. Decent food and drinks. A management team that really cares and is always trying to improve.

They DO listen. A bunch of little improvements all add up to a more pleasant stay. Things like CC and Clamato juice to make Caesars at the bars. Another evening of live entertainment. Revamped menus. Yoga and stretch classes. Better drink service at loungers. Presidente beer in the room fridge. Decent house wine. Most of these changes have occurred in the last couple of months. I noticed changes even last fall from the previous year. Nothing is static at these resorts. Some get better, some slide down a bit. Good managers and a decent budget are the key.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

did I get my wires crossed, isn't this a resort that doesn't charge a single supp?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

I'm fairly sure there is a single sup but I don't know what that would be.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

I have to agree with Margadaio we liked the smallness the quietness and being able to visit next door for their amenities, we had a good room with humidifier building 42 facing the regular side but was fine with us. They added the new rooms and infinity pool since we've been so i am looking forward to our return visit next year.

It's either you love it or not i love the feel of the place and it's proximity to the airport and the golfing lots of pluses for us. Now they have a new room service menu so looking forward to that as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

Looks like the SS is about $200 with the tour operators like Sun Fun Vacations and WJV.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 20:33
Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for Cat Roy loyals.

It sounds like some changes for the better then since 011. When we were there we found the staff a little stiff, our superior room never lost its dampness, and we didn't like having to walk the gauntlet of vendors to go into the lobby.

The points I like are good beach, good food for sure except some of the alacarts, and the gardens are quite nice.

And also we found the room kinda dark. But even still I feel drawn back.