We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livingsocial - Punta Cana Resort and Club

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Livingsocial - Punta Cana Resort and Club

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing the living social available at The Punta Cana Resort & Club. Has anybody stayed there recently via livingsocial? I'm trying to get a sense of the fees that need to be paid at the resort. Is is really all inclusive at the restaurants and bars or are you limited to a selection of items? Do the restaurants require reservations? Is this deal worth it in your opinion?

Thanks for your help!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Livingsocial - Punta Cana Resort and Club

I guess you are talking about this? livingsocial.com/escapes/565978-all-inclusiv…

This is a new package (the hotel was not all inclusive before) so you may not get any answers here on TA.

The grounds are beautiful and the beaches are some of the best in Punta Cana. They are private so won't be crowded. The hotel itself was one of the first built here, it's been refurbished in recent years but the layout and facilities are not as modern as other more recently built resorts. I stayed there recently - a few annoying things like no fridge in the rooms, a long walk to find an ice machine (they were not on all floors or in all buildings). Some of the duplex suites have no balcony or windows that open...

PCR&Club's restaurants are La Cana (beachfront used to be breakfasts only), Franco's Trattoria (average quality Italian/pizzas), La Choza Grill (used to close at 6pm).

Also inside the grounds are several gourmet/fine dining restaurants which I don't imagine will be part of the all inclusive package - La Yola, Bamboo, Cocolobo, El Grill and Playa Blanca. Although some might have a select number of menu items as part of your AI package.

You really need to check with LivingSocial or Puntacana Resort & Club (email info@puntacana.com)

To give you an idea of their previous pricing my double room was US$124 incl. tax (room only low season). La Yola runs from $US50 pp upwards. A hotdog at La Choza Grill was $10. The minimart shop onsite is really expensive, sun lotion was $20!! (no i didn't buy any!) a small bottle of Presidente Beer was $US7 (normal price is $US2) Buy alcohol, soft drinks and snacks for your room (as there's no minibar) from Supermercado Nacional opposite the airport.

For reference the PCR&Club's website: puntacana.com/accommodations/puntacana-hotel

Six Senses Spa menu, note prices not quoted! http://www.puntacana.com/spa It is an excellent spa, a friend paid around $US100 for a 50 minute massage, so your $US200 credit won't go far.

map of the grounds puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

New York City
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livingsocial - Punta Cana Resort and Club

Thanks for your response, very helpful!

3. Re: Livingsocial - Punta Cana Resort and Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 06:16