We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana in late November or early December

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dracut...
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana in late November or early December

Going to RST Sunday for a week. Had a lot of trouble with snow lately-our first trip got cancelled due to Nemo, and this one was in jeopardy until we changed flights to get to our connection airport two days early. My question is about weather and bugs. Is there a difference between late November and February? I would like to book our next trip soon to take advantage of early booking.

canada
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

honestly ..as someone who has been multiple times, I find the weather a little cooler at night..and sometimes during the day also in feb. HOWEVER it is still not cold, but i prefer it uber hot.

if i could only do one trip a year my choice would be anywhere between late sept and late november..including the hurricane season lol

Lynn

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

We've been to PC at both times. I found it a bit more humid with a little more rain in Nov/Dec than in Feb, but I don't know if that's typical or not.

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

We've been to PC every Nov/Dec since 2007. Love the late Nov weather. There are nice breezes that keep it from being unbearably hot. (We've also been in April and May.) The beginning of Nov has tended to have more rain in the last few years than the mid to latter part. This year could be the same or different.

Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

We were there the 3rd week in November weather was a little humid during the day little rain at night and very sunny, really nice. I thought I would need a light jacket at night but did not. Going next week which I think may be a bit cooler as far as water temp and at night. Anything better than the weather here now!

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

Hola: We are now planning our 14th trip to the DR for November. All our trips have been in early to mid-November, with one in early December. Overall the weather has been great. There were only 2 times that we had bad weather and for only 1 1/2 days. One was a tropical storm (in Dec. no less) and the other was a hurricane glancing blow. When these storms passed, the weather went back to its fantastic sun and warmth.

Plus rate for this time of year are the cheapest.

Good luck.neighbor

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

6. Re: Punta Cana in late November or early December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:17