We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Maple Grove...
5 posts
Save Topic
Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Hey all! I will be going to Punta Cana in April from Puerto Rico. #1 problem is American Airlines is retiring the aircraft April 1st that flys directly from san juan into punta Cana. That leaves us flying into santo Domingo by jet blue or taking the ferry. What is the best way (fastest) to get to our hotel? I saw the bavaro express bus that I think takes 4 hours, but if there was a more direct (less hotel stops), affordable, private choice that would be great.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

the bavaro express bus is not an option, it does not stop at the Las Americas Airport East of Santo Domingo.

from las americas to bavro the options are a airport cabby or to prearrange a private transfer. or you cabby into the City to grab a public bus there.

sad to hear that american airline will retire the only American eagle flight we had on daily bases between Punta Cana and San Juan/PR. are you sure that they will not have any flights on that route after april 1st?

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Las Americas Airport
Las Americas Airport
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

It's only for a month that there will be no service from Punta Cana-San Juan. JetBlue begins once daily service in May! In fact, JetBlue is picking up most of the routes being abandoned by American Eagle as they end operations in San Juan.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Eric,

do you know if JetBlue will have a straight route PC-San Juan and back?

Mike

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Maple Grove...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Looks like American Airlines did discontinue the SJU-PUJ flight. Too bad Jet Blue is not picking up the service until MAY :( I am flying April 20th. I did hear that the Bavaro express bus now does stop at the Santo Domingo Airport. Good to hear! Our plan is to take that to Punta Cana.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana Airport
Punta Cana Airport
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

You will want to be sure to check on the Bavaro Express stopping at SDQ Amy, they may make a stop out on the highway but I've not heard about them actually going to the airport itself. The Taxi Syndicate would go bananas. I'd do some further checking.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

That's pretty new if so Amy, taking the bus up to the capital on the weekend I will repost then to confirm or not whichever the case may be unless someone who's been recently confirms first.

Maple Grove...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Thanks! I have been trying to find info on where the airport stop actually is and have had no luck! I was wondering of they stopped in the airport or a couple of blocks away. Does anyone know a website for the bus company (if they even have one)? Or a phone number to contact them directly. I have not had luck. The websites that I come across seem outdated except the one that mentioned they now stop at the airport and have upgraded their busses to have bathrooms.

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

The reason I questioned them stopping in the actual airport is the strong Taxi Syndicate. No other buses stop at airports.

I suggest a good google or try a post on www.dr1.com

They most likely will stop out on the main road which is about 1.5 miles from the terminal but I'm not sure of this.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

Amy, took the bus yesterday and it does as Rv429 says drop off near but not in the airport (so much for non stop express) as for actually getting on and going to Bavaro I'm not sure (not actually much help at all really am I lol)

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Santo Domingo to majestic colonial punta cana transport

RV429,

in punta cana the public bus route has a busstop at the PC airport.

Mike