We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Only Resort

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Only Resort

Sorry everyone for being naive but after searching the threads I'm still uncertain as to what hte difference really is. I am planning to go to Punta Cana and notice some hotels are adult only. I get that the minimum age is 18+ to be on the premises but is there a difference is the service or quality from one that isn't adult only?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Only Resort

In my opinion no major differences in the services and/or quality of the resort, regardless if it is Adult Only or not -the difference for the most part is probably only the ability to find quiet whenever and wherever you want it - I guess i should qualify that in that there are a number of AO resorts that cater to the "adult party' - but for what you appears to be talking about , its all for those who dont want to deal with kids/familes while vacationing

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,010 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Only Resort

All but one of the adult only resorts are part of larger resort complexes with the sister resorts being non adult only. I think, in most cases, the adult only sections offer superior quality and service to their sibling resorts.

Mark

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Only Resort

yes there can be a difference in service and quality. I can only speak to the royal suites turquesa by palladium, the perks above the other sections of the grand palladium are

-top shelf alcohol ( you can only get it at one bar in the other sections)

-a la cart dining for breakfast and lunch

-golf cart service

-more choices of snacks brought around the pool and beach

-drink service pool and beach

-unlimited towels and no towel card

-4 bottles of alcohol in your room

-2 exclusive a la cartes for royal guests only

-the ability to make reservations for dinner at the a la cartes in the other 3 sections

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Only Resort

I do find that things are a little cleaner in adult only resort.

Toilets seem to be less messy when the little ones are not using them.

Also most adult only resort feel a little more luxurious, decoration and interiors do not need to be child proof.

It is nice to go to buffet restaurants where there are no kids running around or stuffing their plates which a lot more food than they will ever eat. (yeah yeah, I know all of your kids are angels but I have seen my share of ill behaved kids in resort buffets and pools).

In my opinion, if you are going with 18+ people book an adult only. It is also easier to mingle with couples than with families.

Just my though

Amy

5. Re: Adult Only Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:16