We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

is this a good choice for an 11 year old boy?

the pics i looked at in regards to the kids pool looks like it is more geared to younger kids...would you agree?

i read somewhere there is mini golf and a driving range,,,is there a minimum age for the driving range and an extra cost fr that?

what other things are there more geared to the 11-12 age group?

Is there a room with free internet?

if you go with the upgraded rooms.....(i forget what they call them)....is internet free?

is there x-box? or anything like that

Cinnaminson, New...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

I am here now and the child pool is more towards younger kids. They have a water park which I have not seen and it also cost extra; you might want to look into that. There is no free Internet; its $12 a day but if you purchase multiple days the price is cheaper. Sorry don't know anything about the golf. I don't believe there is Xbox or anything like that.

Halifax
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

Hola Billy,

1. There are 3 kids pools: One for the real babies, One for pre-teens and the Pirates Cove for Big Kids. I may go this year ! There is a charge for the Pirates Cove: With the resort credits- $10.

2. The Mini Golf is free until 6pm and after that $ (I've heard $5 and $10 )

3. Driving Range $10.00 - No age limit ! No idea how many balls !

4. There a teen area with Laser Tag ($)and their own disco and bar.

5. There is the best beach area of Punta Cana !

Will he like it ? - I can only imagine coming to this resort when I was 11.

If you upgrade to the Club Premium: There is a free internet connection is the lounge. WIFI ?

If you golf , you have to book 4 tee times to get a discounted cart fee of $52.50 per person. Also you can go out after 3 pm and the cart fee is $35.00.

Check out these 2 websites for more info

barcelobavarogolf.net

barcelobavarobeachresort.com

We have seen many changes over the years (Good & Bad ) but we return for all that they have to offer !

Jack

Shirley, New York
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

how much does the resort hold a a credit card when you check in?

What can be charged to your room; like excursion, shopping etc..&

How much is the water park? (per day or can you a weekly pass)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

interested in these answers as well....going in July

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

They don't put any hold on your card.

You can run a credit card against your room and use it for our golf , spa, and shopping etc.. Not likely for excursions as they are not really part of the hotel.

The Barcy water park is free (slides - geared for young children) and the Pirates (wave pool and Pirate ship - maybe geared to about 7-13 years old?) was $10/day with the coupon discount in April.I don;t think there is a weekly pass available.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

This is a great resort for any age.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

Does anyone know if the teen club/disco will allow an 11 yr old in it? We are going with a group of friends and the kids are 2 16 yr olds, a 13 and a 11yr old (2months away from 12 when we get there) Will they allow the 11 yr old who acts older for his age to hang with his brother and 2 other friends. I know he would love the disco and I hate that he would be alone on his own in another kids club.

8. Re: Barcelo Barvaro Palace Deluxe resort questions..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 07:18