We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourists cards/ visa's

Poland,New York,USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tourists cards/ visa's

Traveling from USA to Punta Cana, DR do we need to pay the $10.00 charge for the getting on the island, and off the island ? My travel person says no, but I keep reading posts all abut this form to fill out. Not sure where to get the form, or if we even need it? Any help would be appreciated.

Diane

Travel visa frustrated?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

Are you tourist cards included in your pricing?

Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
848 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

Most United States packages do not include the $10.00 tourist card which is for entry but do include the $20.00 exit tax

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

Yes, $10 to enter for tourist card.

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

I'm headed to PC for the first time in Nov (I'm from the US as well) and I was told that we have to pay the $10 tourist fee to enter the country (which can be paid in advance online or when you arrive at the Punta Cana airport. I purchased mine online. I was also informed that the $20 charge that you pay to leave the country is usually included in our ticket prices. Check out the "Top questions about Punta Cana" on the right hand side and click on entry and exit questions & arrivals and departures - I found the information helpful...

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,228 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

Hope this clears it up:

ALL regular scheduled flights from the US you will need to pay the $10 tourist card fee. You can do this on line or at the airport when you land. You will be given a form to fill out on the plane coming down.

ALL regular scheduled flights from the US already include the $20 exit tax in your airfare If you look on your ticket you will see that tax is already paid.

Have a great trip!

BObK

6. Re: Tourists cards/ visa's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 06:15