We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

I just read another post about a roach (or 2), at the palma real. I am phobic about roaches. I know they exist in the tropical climates, but I can't stand the thought of them in my room. Anything I can do to prevent getting a room with bugs?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

i would say they exist everywhere where humans have foodie stuff lying around, and in tropical climates they are more part of the daily life than in colder northern clim ates.

they are part of the local lifestock, you have to live with the possibility to cross paths with some of them once in a while.

Mike

edmonton
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

Haven't encountered roaches anywhere in the DR yet, but had a run-in with them in Jamaica. If you're really worried, request a higher (non-ground) floor. In our situation they were coming up the drain in the bathtub and we had no problems once we were moved to a third-floor room.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

There are roaches even on the higher floors of buildings, if you are frightened take a can of raid, we are in a brand new condo and they have sprayed all around the place but we still get the odd one. I would be more worried about mozzies as they bite.

4. Re: Concern about report of roaches at Palma real

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 07:16