We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inflatables

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
inflatables

is it ok to bring inflatables for the pool like a water mattress? or is this frowned upon. not sure if the resorts have inflatable lounges.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: inflatables

I always bring with me big tubes and foam noodles.Most of the resorts don't have any inflatable lounges.

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inflatables

Why not take a couple cheap inflatable floats with you and give them away at the end of the trip.

You'll never get em back in your bag!

Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inflatables

Great idea kd...thats what I was thinking of doing. Not going to bring something too big, just a half decent water matress for the pool.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inflatables

We have are spring floats by Swimways. They spring open and fold up nicely. They fit right in our suitcase and have been on several trips with us.

Toronto
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inflatables

wow catchinrayz...just checked them out on their website they look great!

where do you get them from? I am also from T.O., only have a week to go grab a couple.

the resorts dont have a rule about floating around on one of those?

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: inflatables

We got ours at Costco but have noticed them at Walmart and I think Canadian Tire.

Ours have been to a few different resorts in Punta Cana, Mayan Riviera and Jamaica. We have never had an issue and have had people ask us about where we got them on several occasions. Another couple we travel with got them as well. We all have the recliner type one with the cup holder. They are great and are easy to travel with.

Elma, New York
Level Contributor
141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: inflatables

Cathinrayz, I read your post about the floats by Swinways. Thinking about buying one to take to GBP Punta Cana at Easter. How do you inflate the inflatable part of the float? Thanks.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inflatables

They are very easy to inflate and did not take much effort. Only the outer perimeter inflates and the pillow. I did my own but some people have gone to the water sports area at some resorts and for a small tip they inflated it for them.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
351 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: inflatables

I pick up marked-down floaties at WallyWorld for $1.00 apiece-throw in bag-inflat at Water Sports and leave with new friends when I go home!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: inflatables

The swimways spring floats seem great. Do you think any of them would fit in a carry on? We are trying to avoid fees and waiting for baggage by going carry on only.