We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Palma Real w/kids vs. The Reserve

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Palma Real w/kids vs. The Reserve

My husband and I have been to the Palma Real with no kids and upgraded to the Royal Service and are looking for the equivalent grade of service and ammenities now that we plan to travel with two of our kids, possibly our youngest, too (she is 2).

Initially we considered The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, but after reading many reviews, it seems as though the food is a common complaint. I just don't want to take the risk of booking at this resort, although I understand everyone's opinion varies.

Right now it's between The Reserve and the main resort at Paradisus Palma Real. The difference in price is about $500 for a comparable room.....but I'm looking at that $500 as someone's RT air ticket. Just curious to hear about those that traveled with kids and stayed in the main resort. It's sad that I would even have to say this, but I also don't want us to be treated like a second class citizen as we won't be able to upgrade to Royal Service which is for adults only.

louisiana
Level Contributor
208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Palma Real w/kids vs. The Reserve

I too have been looking into these two options but I think we have decided on the reserve section primarily because of the option to have my 2 year old daughter be able to use the kids club but from what I Understand if you are at the reserve you can use all the resturarunts at the main resort and the reserve. the reserve is part of the palma real just basically a smaller resort inside a large one but you can use all of there.

Not sure if this helps

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Palma Real w/kids vs. The Reserve

We stayed at both... This is our favorite resort after 8 times to pc. The reserve is newer and more luxury in every aspect.. also quiet. Of u want luxury room, more food choices, extra pools then pay for reserve. For us either the regular or reserve is fine... Just depends on what mood were in...

3. Re: Paradisus Palma Real w/kids vs. The Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 06:16